• The KillerFrogs

Roy Kramer interview

"My best guess is that the Big Ten will eventually get to 16 in phases," he said. "That the Pac-10 will move forward with its proposal. That the Mountain West will evolve into a major conference. Then, depending on how the Big Ten plays out -- how they get to 16 -- you would have the possibility of the ACC and the SEC absorbing significant numbers of teams out of the Big East and we'd end up with five major conferences."

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?id=5272309

He's just watching like everyone else, but for him to have that opinion....

byuhog

Well, let's consider realistic scenarios here.

So we end up with more super conferences. Who is top dog now?

The pac-16 would probably be the strongest conference of all right? I think so.

SEC would be next, though usually first and Big-10 after... ahem-Big-12 or Big-16 might be right up there if they can get ND and some other teams on board. And those teams get back to old form-aka-Nebraska and ND...

The MWC on the other hand might leap the ACC and Big-east by adding BSU, KU and K-st. To become one of the top-4 or top-5 conferences strengthwise.

Something like that.

Sponger

QUOTE(byuhog @ Jun 10 2010, 08:04 PM) [snapback]574107[/snapback]
Well, let's consider realistic scenarios here.

So we end up with more super conferences. Who is top dog now?

The pac-16 would probably be the strongest conference of all right? I think so.

SEC would be next, though usually first and Big-10 after... ahem-Big-12 or Big-16 might be right up there if they can get ND and some other teams on board. And those teams get back to old form-aka-Nebraska and ND...

The MWC on the other hand might leap the ACC and Big-east by adding BSU, KU and K-st. To become one of the top-4 or top-5 conferences strengthwise.

Something like that.

I'm not sure how the PAC-16 would be the top conference? They would have two top teams (UT and OU), about 3 solid teams (USC until they death-spiral, Oregon, Oregon State) and a bunch of decent teams with a few cellar dwellers. I still don't think they come close to the SEC.