• The KillerFrogs

ronnie baker quailifes for u.s. olympic track team in 100M

Eight

What in the Wild World of Sports is Fred Kelley doing in the 100? He was a great 400M guy at A&M.

making the olympic team in the 100m and if you look at his progress in the 100M he could be an interesting name to watch in tokyo

he has run sub 44 in the 400M, but if i recall correctly bolt was a solid 400M who moved down to the shorter sprints. not saying fred is going to reach those levels but it has been done before and he looked very strong as the trials progressed.

making the olympic team in the 100m and if you look at his progress in the 100M he could be an interesting name to watch in tokyo

he has run sub 44 in the 400M, but if i recall correctly bolt was a solid 400M who moved down to the shorter sprints. not saying fred is going to reach those levels but it has been done before and he looked very strong as the trials progressed.

Bolt was a good not great 400M guy. Kerley is Top 10 all time 400M and well below 44. Another crazy fact, Kerley has never broken 20 seconds in the 200M. Bolt came out of no where because his coaches had not let him run the 100M consistently; Kerley looks like the same thing.

Eight

Bolt was a good not great 400M guy. Kerley is Top 10 all time 400M and well below 44. Another crazy fact, Kerley has never broken 20 seconds in the 200M. Bolt came out of no where because his coaches had not let him run the 100M consistently; Kerley looks like the same thing.

read somewhere that prior to this recent focus on the event, the fastest kerley had run in the 100M was the upper 10.3's or maybe 10.4, but to run the time he did in the 400M he had to have great speed to run that 43.6 so the question was the start.

he said his coach and he had a plan and based on how he ran at the trials i would not be surprised to see him push for a medal

read somewhere that prior to this recent focus on the event, the fastest kerley had run in the 100M was the upper 10.3's or maybe 10.4, but to run the time he did in the 400M he had to have great speed to run that 43.6 so the question was the start.

he said his coach and he had a plan and based on how he ran at the trials i would not be surprised to see him push for a medal
Heck, Michael Johnson was a 100M guy when he started at Baylor but he never ran a 9.8. Kerley is 6’3” so no Bolt but tall for the 100M. I just wonder if all this 100M action would put him in a position to attack the WR in the 400M. I know if I was the coach of the US 4X400, I would be asking Kerley if he would like a shot at more than one relay gold medal.

Eight

Heck, Michael Johnson was a 100M guy when he started at Baylor but he never ran a 9.8. Kerley is 6’3” so no Bolt but tall for the 100M. I just wonder if all this 100M action would put him in a position to attack the WR in the 400M. I know if I was the coach of the US 4X400, I would be asking Kerley if he would like a shot at more than one relay gold medal.

damn shame they don't run a 4x200M relay at this level. you drop him, lyles, the high school kid and whomever they just from the abundance of us sprinters and that would be a fun race to watch