• The KillerFrogs

Rivals & Scout's business model

tiopepe

Call me cynical, but does it seem to anyone else that the total number of three- and four- star recruits has gone WAY up in the last few years??? I mean even SMU/Baylor/SDSU et al seem to be getting their fair share of 3*'s now.

Seems like they just want business from Rutgers/SDSU/South Florida type alumns now too

FROGDADDY

QUOTE(tiopepe @ Dec 21 2009, 09:03 PM) [snapback]484254[/snapback]
Call me cynical, but does it seem to anyone else that the total number of three- and four- star recruits has gone WAY up in the last few years??? I mean even SMU/Baylor/SDSU et al seem to be getting their fair share of 3*'s now.

Seems like they just want business from Rutgers/SDSU/South Florida type alumns now too

It doesn't SEEM that way, it IS that way. Ignore their rating system, it's a complete waste of time.

ReedFrawg

QUOTE(FROGDADDY @ Dec 22 2009, 03:07 AM) [snapback]484257[/snapback]
It doesn't SEEM that way, it IS that way. Ignore their rating system, it's a complete waste of time.

True - SMU has some very questionable 3 stars when you compare their offer lists with 3 star guys from tcu and elsewhere.

PurplePutt

QUOTE(ReedFrawg @ Dec 21 2009, 09:39 PM) [snapback]484274[/snapback]
True - SMU has some very questionable 3 stars when you compare their offer lists with 3 star guys from tcu and elsewhere.

The whole Rivals rating system is a scam.

Unfortunately the mindless, blithering, idiots, who report about recruiting class rankings and hang their hats on those rankings to make decisions about who should be ranked where and who has the most talent believe that crap!

It is a bad game but everyone is forced to play it by default. Rankings have an impact, like it or not.

Anyone who does any homework at all would realize the insanity. For example, TCU's recruit ranking by class since 2005 has averaged #67 in the country.

Since 2005, TCU has finished ranked #9, #21, #7, and currently #3 in the Coaches Poll. Rivals even (indirectly) admitted that their evaluations were crap by voting 5 TCU players on their All American teams.

FROGDADDY

QUOTE(PurplePutt @ Dec 21 2009, 09:53 PM) [snapback]484282[/snapback]
Rivals even (indirectly) admitted that their evaluations were crap by voting 5 TCU players on their All American teams.

3 of those 5 players were two star recruits in our 2006 recruiting class - Hughes, Kirkpatrick, and Newhouse.

PurplePutt

QUOTE(PurplePutt @ Dec 21 2009, 09:53 PM) [snapback]484282[/snapback]
The whole Rivals rating system is a scam.

Unfortunately the mindless, blithering, idiots, who report about recruiting class rankings and hang their hats on those rankings to make decisions about who should be ranked where and who has the most talent believe that crap!

It is a bad game but everyone is forced to play it by default. Rankings have an impact, like it or not.

Anyone who does any homework at all would realize the insanity. For example, TCU's recruit ranking by class since 2005 has averaged #67 in the country.

Since 2005, TCU has finished ranked #9, #21, #7, and currently #3 in the Coaches Poll. Rivals even (indirectly) admitted that their evaluations were crap by voting 5 TCU players on their All American teams.

Damage control! Jeremy Clark, Jeremiah Glenn and Purplemenace.com do not, repeat do not have anything to do with the Rivals head shed other than trying to get TCU's recruits fairly evaluated. I appreciate the information that they provide. However.....the scumbags that run the outfit really PMO.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
QUOTE(PurplePutt @ Dec 21 2009, 10:21 PM) [snapback]484296[/snapback]
Damage control! Jeremy Clark, Jeremiah Glenn and Purplemenace.com do not, repeat do not have anything to do with the Rivals head shed other than trying to get TCU's recruits fairly evaluated. I appreciate the information that they provide. However.....the scumbags that run the outfit really PMO.

Complete BS!!!

Complete BS!!!!

You are very much mistaken if you think they are neither swayed nor have influence. They could not operate if they didn't fall in line and your post is a complete joke!

What a total waste of internet bandwidth.

I guess this is the standard weekly bash Rivals thread.

Jeremy and Jeremiah, as individual fans of TCU, do a great thing for the program. Anyone who is on the inside knows this to be true. Gary Patterson trusts them and gives them access that others here can only dream of.

Rivals has its flaws, and I totally get why wes and Scott want nothing to do with them. In the end, it's a money-making business for Rivals, while our guys here do it for free, and then some.

But to try castigate Jeremy and Jeremiah as an integral part of the Rivals ratings-sham is complete bull. Those guys fight with the brass for TCU's recruits, make sure they get film, and advocate for them.

Rivals provides a window into every major school's recruiting program, and having a robust TCU presence does far more good than harm.

All that said, everyone agrees that Rivals is a sham when it comes to most of the ratings. They are appealing to their paying customers. At the same time, it is what it is. Recruiting and advertising are games within the game.

TCU and its fans can either play, protest, or do both. Every member I see on PM does both.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
QUOTE(Gehörnter Frosch @ Dec 21 2009, 10:56 PM) [snapback]484315[/snapback]
What a total waste of internet bandwidth.

I guess this is the standard weekly bash Rivals thread.

Jeremy and Jeremiah, as individual fans of TCU, do a great thing for the program. Anyone who is on the inside knows this to be true. Gary Patterson trusts them and gives them access that others here can only dream of.

Rivals has its flaws, and I totally get why wes and Scott want nothing to do with them. In the end, it's a money-making business for Rivals, while our guys here do it for free, and then some.

But to try castigate Jeremy and Jeremiah as an integral part of the Rivals ratings-sham is complete bull. Those guys fight with the brass for TCU's recruits, make sure they get film, and advocate for them.

Rivals provides a window into every major school's recruiting program, and having a robust TCU presence does far more good than harm.

All that said, everyone agrees that Rivals is a sham when it comes to most of the ratings. They are appealing to their paying customers. At the same time, it is what it is. Recruiting and advertising are games within the game.

TCU and its fans can either play, protest, or do both. Every member I see on PM does both.

You are such a [ Finebaum ].

Wow, waste of bandwidth comments are so original and so hurtful....

How about the weekly GF bash of TCU, those were always great reads. The biggest sham is you and your high horse comments you make after your month long bashings of the coaches and the team. Tell us again, who is the worst undefeated team?

Stick up for the Rivals pawns all you want, but bottom line is they are true pawns and buy into the Rivals game big time. How about we just wait and see how this one plays out.....

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
QUOTE(Gehörnter Frosch @ Dec 21 2009, 11:25 PM) [snapback]484323[/snapback]
Oh, Feisty. Do you really want to start this with me? You'd think you'd have learned your lesson by now.

[ What the heck? ] does that mean? How about you take your ugly [Deleted] wife to bed and think this over. You think you have some POWER over me? ( I'm an uneducated idiot that uses profanity) you numbnut!

QUOTE(FeistyFrog @ Dec 21 2009, 11:27 PM) [snapback]484324[/snapback]
[ What the heck? ] does that mean? How about you take your ugly [Deleted] wife to bed and think this over. You think you have some POWER over me? ( I'm an uneducated idiot that uses profanity) you numbnut!

NM

BelushiBob

GF's wife works for rivals?

BelushiBob

BelushiBob

PurplePutt

QUOTE(FeistyFrog @ Dec 21 2009, 10:44 PM) [snapback]484309[/snapback]
Complete BS!!!

Complete BS!!!!

You are very much mistaken if you think they are neither swayed nor have influence. They could not operate if they didn't fall in line and your post is a complete joke!

Oh Feisty! You are so eloquent. You are always so kind and understanding of those with whom you disagree with. You know so much and I am so sorry that I have somehow upset you. You are dearly missed on PM and I can understand that you have to impress the masses here who blindly follow your every word. I'm really sorry if I have offended your sensibilities. Please forgive me.

Merry Christmas!

By the way, look me up at the Fiesta Bowl and I will help you remove that tooth that has been bothering you.... :biggrin:

PurplePutt

QUOTE(FeistyFrog @ Dec 21 2009, 10:44 PM) [snapback]484309[/snapback]
Complete BS!!!

Complete BS!!!!

Oh Feisty! You are so eloquent. You are always so kind and understanding of those with whom you disagree with. You know so much and I am so sorry that I have somehow upset you. You are dearly missed on PM and I can understand that you have to impress the masses here who blindly follow your every word. I'm really sorry if I have offended your sensibilities. Please forgive me.

Merry Christmas!

By the way, look me up at the Fiesta Bowl and I will help you remove that tooth that has been bothering you.... :biggrin: