• The KillerFrogs

RIP Julie Johannessen - TCU Rifle

Frog79

Yes. Sadly there have been too many young collegiate female athletes that have taken their lives that have made the news in recent times. From the outside it would appear these girls had perfect lives. You just never know the pain that is carried by others especially if they hide it well. For her family and close friends it must by agonizing.
Wow that is incredibly sad. Do we know that she took her own life or could it have been something else?

HFrog1999

I’m making an assumption based on what has been reported and how shocked and devastated people were. And she was only 21.

You can look it up on the Tarrant County Medical Examiner site

Unfortunately I first used that site when my son’s fourth grade classmate died tragically

The last I checked a cause of death hasn’t been determined

No matter what it’s a terrible tragedy. I pray for comfort and healing for her family. A bright young beautiful and talented young lady who died much too soon.

Deep Purple

Yes. Sadly there have been too many young collegiate female athletes that have taken their lives that have made the news in recent times. From the outside it would appear these girls had perfect lives. You just never know the pain that is carried by others especially if they hide it well. For her family and close friends it must by agonizing.
Unfortunately, there is a real stigma associated with deep depression (at least when it progresses to the point of having suicidal thoughts) that makes people very hesitant to seek help. And I can understand why they go into a shell. The solutions, or the cure I guess, can be pretty complicated. And I think sometimes family or friends that try and help can just make it worse.

You're both assuming as a given that this was a suicide. Possibly it was, but we don't know that yet. The cause of death is still officially listed as "unknown."

Wexahu

I don't understand the jumping to conclusions it was a suicide.
Not saying it’s not inappropriate but I’d say about 9 out of 10 times in situations like this where a young person passes away unexpectedly and there is no reason given, it is a suicide. Or a drug overdose I guess, which is sometimes the same thing.

PurpleBlood87

Not saying it’s not inappropriate but I’d say about 9 out of 10 times in situations like this where a young person passes away unexpectedly and there is no reason given, it is a suicide. Or a drug overdose I guess, which is sometimes the same thing.
Or a lot of young, healthy athletes in the last few years have died for no reason.