• The KillerFrogs

RIP, Gunner

DixieFrog

Ticket Exchange Pass
Gunner was a great guy. I met him at the game in Tampa vs. the USF Bulls. We used to communicate a lot on this board and exchanged VHS (!) videos of various games. I know I am dating myself way back to the days of 1997, however Gunner was always a huge fan of GP and the Frogs. My condolences to his family. RIP.

don

RIP Gunner and prayers to your family & friends. I will miss our IMs and wish that we had met in person.

Rose Bowl

Gunner will be sorely missed. I got to know Keith about 29 years ago. He told me that Fran was going to do fantastic work and that Gary was going to be a superstar one day. He was right.

RIP Gunner

helcap

No member of this board brought more smiles to my face over the years when reading their posts than Gunner. Maybe not always for the reason he intended, but he will be missed.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
I was later here than many and didn't really get a chance to interact with him much, but condolences to those of you who knew him and of course his family. Sounds like a loyal Frog.

Tumbleweed

This is tough. Keith and I went to school together which means I've known Keith for more than fifty years. I cannot think of anybody from our time who had unending love for TCU. He ate, slept, discussed TCU all day, all night.

Keith was one hell of a talented, gifted athlete. If my memory serves me, he was voted the best all around athlete in inter mural competition at TCU for a couple of years straight. He could and did it all. Golf; a low handicap, track,you name it and Keith was at the top.

If you go to the Sig (Sigma Chi) house, you'll find his picture on the wall for class of 1962.

Oh, he had inside sources for a number of years and often printed events that happened in a week or two.. It just made his day to know something about TCU that wasn't public yet. Of course, some of those predictions didn't take place because of circumstances beyond his control. He called me one day and asked if I would verify a post he made on KFC and back up what he saying was the truth. His reputation was that important to him.

He knew GP at NM when his son played defense and later played in the NFL. He was so damn proud of that. He became a knowledgeable fan of defenses and often gave insight why a defense did this and that in those early days on KFC.

Keith loved to smile. Had a good sense of humor. Often times a bit distant and you got the idea he didn't care but he did.

So, we say goodbye and good, good frat (life) friends like Tubbie, and Jimmy will miss his conversations about TCU and so will the rest of us, me included.

Salfrog

Tier 1
RIP Gunner & my deepest condolences to his family & friends. I never met him but always appreciated his post, even when he would be in one of his "moments". He was very entertaining and will be missed around here.

Heardler

Gunner had a way of injecting his unbridled enthusiasm into every post. It was so apparent how much he loved the boys in purple. May God bring peace to your family and friends and here's to you tuning in at 11am on Saturday from that grand castle in the sky.