• The KillerFrogs

Rewatching the game has made one thing clear

Ron Swanson

Underrated play of the game nominee.... 3rd and 14 pass to Barber on the last drive. 3rd and 11 to Stephens (I think) on the same drive was just as big. Two plays Max might not have made a month ago.
Hell, the 3rd and 11 was probably bigger. If we don’t convert that, we have to punt from way farther back with a lot more time on the clock. If we don’t convert the third and 14, Texas is going to get the ball deep in their own territory with only about two minutes left (if I remember correctly).

Both huge obviously

Punter1

GPs head would explode if he had to challenge plays...especially on offense.

And he would almost need a close friend, 3rd party successful consultant who doesn't give a darn like a Bill Snyder in his headset that he trusted...because I don't think he listens to anyone on offense.

DeuceBoogieNights

I have very little confidence in our coaching staff at being good at that.

Gary Patterson is a football genius who knows more about the game than all of us combined, but I promise you I would be better than he would be at knowing when to throw a challenge flag.

I feel you but changing the rules is the only way to eliminate so many reviews. I don't care, but I wish they would make the process quicker.

Gary could also hire a sideline coach basically that just monitors for reviews, clock management, etc... He has too much on his plate.

Ron Swanson

I feel you but changing the rules is the only way to eliminate so many reviews. I don't care, but I wish they would make the process quicker.

Gary could also hire a sideline coach basically that just monitors for reviews, clock management, etc... He has too much on his plate.
Yeah I would have zero issue with changing the rule. I just think that is the type of thing that our staff would not excel at

ftwfrog

Underrated play of the game nominee.... 3rd and 14 pass to Barber on the last drive. 3rd and 11 to Stephens (I think) on the same drive was just as big. Two plays Max might not have made a month ago.
A month ago we would have worried about running more clock and ran it up the gut. Kudos to the coaching staff for taking the leash off of Max.

Froginbedford

There were a couple missed calls, but they're human. I would rather them miss calls than have them throw flags on questionable penalties. There were multiple times I expected pass interference flags to come flying in to save UT drives, but they held them in their pocket and let em play for the most part.

I actually thought this was one of the better officiated Big 12 games I’ve watched.

Could it be because it wasn't Mike Defee's crew?

Double V

The 15 yard facemask against us - 4th quarter, I think - didn't look correct from the stands. When I watched the replay on the big screen, it showed the actual facemask wasn't grabbed. It was a bit of a brutal tackle, but the facemask wasn't grasped, let alone used to turn the helmet.
Except the facemask WAS grabbed, just later in the tackle. Admittedly, the bulk of the twisting motion on the guys helmet was due to the tacklers forearm rather than hand, but he did grab the facemask right at the end. Also, it wasn't Gaines, but they got the call right, IMO.

SnoSki

I don’t have any problems with the way the replays work now. I do take issue with the number (and length) of the tv timeouts.

Every change of possession, every timeout, every injury, every score, nearly every review, every end of quarter... 3-5 minute commercial break. And that’s not including the mandatory “media timeout.”

Zubaz

A month ago we would have worried about running more clock and ran it up the gut. Kudos to the coaching staff for taking the leash off of Max.
If we hadn't gotten that field goal to end the half, it would have been tied and we would have done the same thing. That fg was huge.

Mean Purple

Funny, I thought they did a damn fine job yesterday. Pretty even missed calls on both sides, and not any phantom one-sided calls that clearly helped UT at critical moments in the game.
Other than an obvious facemask, I agree. Given up on them calling holding on UT, OU or Baylor … ever.

Mean Purple

I got worried when they called two questionable penalties on us on a late ut drive, thought they had received the call from “corporate”!
Overall I thought it was one of the better called games.
overall, I can't complain. agree, one of the better called games. After seeing how Tech got screwed out of a win at baylor by an egregious call, I consider yesterday a win on the ref front.