• The KillerFrogs

Rewatched SMU game

jake102

1-Hill looked very good as expected. Take away the drops and his stats would have been insane. He took a couple bad sacks but thats it

2- Hicks, Anderson amd Sewo looked great. Same with OL, very solid. Snell great also

3-WRs did a good job. EPorter blocks really well, he played a ton. Reagor is our best true WR

4- we need to continue to target Turpin down the field. His 4Q touchdown was so good... he is nasty with the ball but even nastier without it. Absolutely juked guys all day. Throwing him WR screens wastes his talent

5- DL actually looked good on replay. Blacklock and Broadnax both made awesome plays on screens. Bethley looked good. Dont know why Banogu didnt get credit with a sack on play action

6- LB opposite Howard got lost multiple times. Resulted in some of the big plays

7- Small and Lewis had pretty bad games. Especially Small. Ridwan wasnt very good either

Take away two tricks plays, one garbage time bomb TD pass, three idiotic offensive turnovers and that game probably ends like 63-14

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Funny. Wife and I just finished rewatching it as well.

Howard's pick six was a great play. Felt bad for Boesen - he looked scared while he waited on the review to decide his fate.

Announcers were terrible.

MTfrog5

No kidding....it really was one of the worse announced games I've heard in a while. they were off on so many things I was wondering what game they were watching.
ESPN product will suck outside of the main time slots since they decided to go cheap and layoff everyone with talent making a decent amount of money.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Rewatched last night and had similar impressions, not quite as bad and better than I felt after being at the game. We have lots of potential, but are going to have to play our best this week.

Last edited:

MTfrog5

I re watched last night as well. Came away hating Hicks the SMU QB. He is a little botch. Lots of whining and appealing to the refs for calls all day long. He was calling for the Boesen penalty like crazy, and multiple interference calls.
Thought the same thing. He complained about literally being touched. Sucks that we got a targeting for a hands to the face penalty

Ron Swanson

I re watched last night as well. Came away hating Hicks the SMU QB. He is a little botch. Lots of whining and appealing to the refs for calls all day long. He was calling for the Boesen penalty like crazy, and multiple interference calls.
I said the same thing multiple times on a group text during the game. It was like getting penalties and free first downs was part of their game plan.

Long Time Lurker

Announcers sucked, it sounded like they showed up an hour before the game and decided to wing it. Game day TV production was bad: didn't hear 3 or 4 referee calls(saw them calling some thing and these two dorks are talking about the AAC beating up on the power five), went to a commercial...came back...missed three plays. Hicks acted like a tool the whole game. The Refs probably cost us 14 points, at least one TD on each side. Number 6 for SMU must have been coated in teflon, our guys would grab him and be spun off, must have sold his sole for spin power.

MN Frog

I liked seeing Kenny get through his progressions. He worked all thebway across the field to find Snell and then Turpin for those TDs. Promising to see. He wont be afforded as much time this weekend, but hopefully he gets through two reads and then runs.

Limp Lizard

The thing that was more evident in person which was not so evident on TV was Hill's improvement in the second half. He threw the ball much better and down the field with zip. In the first half he looked a little lost to me, and a couple of times (one in particular) he did not see or threw poorly to a wide open receiver down field.
The only poor throw in the second half was the throw to the corner which was almost intercepted. Don't know if he made the wrong decision of where to throw the ball, threw late or just made a bad throw. A sack or two he might have avoided. Outside of that, even on tape, he looked really good.
As far as SMU's sissy-boy QB, he made a great play when we had maybe our best rush of the day. Our guys need to learn to wrap up the QB better. I am sure the DL's are already sick of hearing about that play from Patterson and Fitch.

Oh, and by the way. In 2010 which grows greater in the minds of some here every day, SMU scored first and led the game 17-14 early in the third quarter. TCU won 41-24.

jake102

I liked seeing Kenny get through his progressions. He worked all thebway across the field to find Snell and then Turpin for those TDs. Promising to see. He wont be afforded as much time this weekend, but hopefully he gets through two reads and then runs.

Also on the 3rd and 18 to Reagor early on. He looked across multiple receivers before finding Reagor.

Limp Lizard

It's college ball, Every team has broken coverage plays every game. Just gotta recognize it and make them pay.

Last edited: