• The KillerFrogs

Reviewing the stats for tcu football - wow

Mean Purple

Can’t believe this is a GP defense.
It's dragging the whole team down. Offense ends up pressing. That's how the the two picks happened on Saturday.
Patterson is in panic mode. Telling folks to step back from the ledge now, because his lines about "we are injured" and "we are just young" are not working for the 5th year in a row.

FrogCoach84

I have sat with a couple of former players the last 2 home games. All played for CGP as late as 2018. To a man they all agreed that something is off with this team and the program. None know specifics, but all agreed independently, something is very wrong with this team, program, and Coach P. None are sure CGP can reverse it.
I'm honestly curious if GP had been setting up his exit and Cumbie was the key to the whole thing. I genuinely think GP was a huge fan of his and really thought he was the guy that would take over for him. They fought to keep Sonny from Austin....they cleared out the co-oc business to give him the reins...when that failed they brought in a mentor in Kill and even Meach to try and recapture the Boykin magic.

Up until the day he headed back to Lubbock, maybe GP still thought he could make it work. It wouldn't surprise me at all that someone with Gary's ego would refuse to ever acknowledge that a guy he had hand picked as his heir apparent maybe wasn't up to the task.

Now you've got GP...who might have actually had eyes on retirement...with no one to hand things over to. He wrote himself a script that included the passing of the torch and now there's no one to hand that torch to.

There is no heir apparent...and GP perhaps knows he now has no real say in who the next guy is...so the guy who had a foot out the door now decides to dig in both heels instead while he figures out how to keep his fingerprints on this program long after he's done stalking the sidelines.

Eight

Taking emotion and opinion out of it..

TCU’s ranks nationally v FBS opponents (national rank)

Points allowed per game: 36.3 (115/130)

Yards allowed per game: 503.5 (124/130)

Yards allowed per play: 7.28 (124/130)

Rushing yards allowed per game: 238.0 (123/130)

Rushing yards allowed per play: 5.83 (123/130)

Pass yards per game: 265.5 (107/130)

Pass yards per attempt: 9.4 (121/130)

Turnovers gained: 5 (112/130)

Turnover margin: -4 (100/130)

Opponent rush plays of 10+ yards: 46 (119/130)

Opponent 3rd down conversion %: 44% (100/130)

Sacks: 8 (115/130)

TFL: 22 (126/130)

Penalty yards (bad for TCU) per game: 66 (104/130)

if you look at the big 12 numbers it isn't nearly as dark

#9 ppg allowed
#9 total yards allowed
#9 rush defense
#8 pass defense
#8 pass efficiency defense
#9 sacks by
#7 opponents 3rd down conversion
#7 opponents 1st downs

okay, wait, what if we look at just conference games only

#7 ppg allowed
#10 total yards allowed
#9 rush defense
#7 pass defense
#5 pass efficiency defense
#8 sacks by
#9 ints
#10 opponents 1st downs
#4 opponents 3rd down conversion

steelfrog

Tier 1
I'm honestly curious if GP had been setting up his exit and Cumbie was the key to the whole thing. I genuinely think GP was a huge fan of his and really thought he was the guy that would take over for him. They fought to keep Sonny from Austin....they cleared out the co-oc business to give him the reins...when that failed they brought in a mentor in Kill and even Meach to try and recapture the Boykin magic.

Up until the day he headed back to Lubbock, maybe GP still thought he could make it work. It wouldn't surprise me at all that someone with Gary's ego would refuse to ever acknowledge that a guy he had hand picked as his heir apparent maybe wasn't up to the task.

Now you've got GP...who might have actually had eyes on retirement...with no one to hand things over to. He wrote himself a script that included the passing of the torch and now there's no one to hand that torch to.

There is no heir apparent...and GP perhaps knows he now has no real say in who the next guy is...so the guy who had a foot out the door now decides to dig in both heels instead while he figures out how to keep his fingerprints on this program long after he's done stalking the sidelines.
Steel knows this is rank speculation but also it doesn't seem all that implausible.

Bob Sugar

In good news, Bet Online hasn’t deemed a loser on my TCU +25000 to win the Natty.
dumb-and-dumber-lloyd.gif