• The KillerFrogs

Review of OkState Game

ThisIsOurTime

Tough game to lose especially when it felt the officials had their hands on the scale for a lot of it. This may be a game GP wants to send in a tape to the office because if they are going to hit us with $25,000 fines for running onto the field after a victory, the least they can do is give us better officials. Also, on the subject of fines, why is OkState and Oklahoma allowed to have such narrow sidelines? That is far more dangerous than kids running on the field because every sideline play becomes a potential injury risk.

Now, onto the game here are some things I saw:

1. Duggan had 3 interceptions but the key turnover was the fumble by Stephens. We looked like we were on our way to get the go ahead score only to have that drive taken from us. What might have been?

2. Where the second tier TCU receivers rose to the occasion at home, they failed to deliver on the road. Stephens, Barber, Hunt all had chances to help today but did not do so. This is usual growing pains but loomed large in the struggles with the offense today. I believe this was a game where we missed Dylan Thomas.

3. OL failed to open up rushing lanes for RBs today and in the 2nd half failed to pass protect sufficiently. I saw a missed blocking assignment but am sure it was not the only one.

4. Our LBs (Wilson and Wallow) had rough going today. They ran themselves out of some plays and on others weren't able to get away from the OkState blocker.

5. Song has continued to deliver the goods week in and week out. Many feared he would be a weak link but he has been Mr. Consistency all year. Sandy also had a better showing today. I wish he could get a little more distance at times but overall he put in decent work today.

6. Michael Collins got thrown into duty today but I thought he did a decent job all things considered. We may need him later this season so I was happy he did get some reps with a game on the line.

7. Wells and Lynn continue to be bright spots in our passing game. I know Wells had a couple of drops but he also had a clutch touchdown and they had to interfere with him other times to keep him from getting a second. Hope we keep incorporating them into the offense.

8. On defense #7 and #27 put in good games. They made a number of key plays for us throughout the game.

On to Baylor. I expect us to play much better at home.

Last edited:
Tough game to lose especially when it felt the officials had their hands on the scale for a lot of it. This may be a game GP wants to send in a tape to the office because if they are going to hit us with $25,000 fines for running onto the field after a victory, they least they can do is give us better officials. Also, on the subject of fines, why is OkState and Oklahoma allowed to have such narrow sidelines? That is far more dangerous than kids running on the field because every sideline play becomes a potential injury risk.

1. Duggan had 3 interceptions but the key turnover was the fumble by Stephens. We looked like we were on our way to get the go ahead score only to have that drive taken from us. What might have been?

2. Where the second tier TCU receivers rose to the occasion at home, they failed to deliver on the road. Stephens, Barber, Hunt all had chances to help today but did not do so. This is usual growing pains but loomed large in the struggles with the offense today. I believe this was a game where we missed Dylan Thomas.

3. OL failed to open up rushing lanes for RBs today and in the 2nd half failed to pass protect sufficiently. I saw a missed blocking assignment but am sure it was not the only one.

4. Our LBs (Wilson and Wallow) had rough going today. They ran themselves out of some plays and on others weren't able to get away from the OkState blocker.

5. Song has continued to deliver the goods week in and week out. Many feared he would be a weak link but he has been Mr. Consistency all year. Sandy also had a better showing today. I wish he could get a little more distance at times but overall he put in decent work today.

6. Michael Collins got thrown into duty today but I thought he did a decent job all things considered. We may need him later this season so I was happy he did get some reps with a game on the line.

7. Wells and Lynn continue to be bright spots in our passing game. I know Wells had a couple of drops but he also had a clutch touchdown and they had to interfere with him other times to keep him from getting a second. Hope we keep incorporating them into the offense.

Very good summary.

LeagueCityFrog

If TCU gets the turnovers back under control, I think we go 3-1 the final 4 games. We have talent and two of our four games are at home. Liberty Bowl is my prediction.

Tumbleweed

Just a few years ago I heard Gary say many times .... I want to win a national championship at TCU. We ...can...do...this! (he convinced me I'll tell you)

I haven't that in some time.. now.

That's an desire, an attitude, and .................

What has happened to us....?

wilson912

Tough game to lose especially when it felt the officials had their hands on the scale for a lot of it. This may be a game GP wants to send in a tape to the office because if they are going to hit us with $25,000 fines for running onto the field after a victory, the least they can do is give us better officials. Also, on the subject of fines, why is OkState and Oklahoma allowed to have such narrow sidelines? That is far more dangerous than kids running on the field because every sideline play becomes a potential injury risk.

8. On defense #7 and #27 put in good games. They made a number of key plays for us throughout the game.

Great post. That fumble by Stephens was huge. No clue why our running game has faded so much. Maybe tougher part of schedule. Again, great post.

If Gary, one of the all time greatest defensive minds, finds his Offensive Coordinator soul mate, we are going to win the national championship.

You really believe TCU has the caliber of talent of Bama, LSU, Ohio State or Clemson? I don’t think it is even close. You don’t turn around a talent gap in a year or even two. Gary hasn’t shown he’s a defensive genius in quite some time. Defensive geniuses don’t give up 300 yards rushing in a game.

JockO de Frog

Yes, Collins came in very cold off the bench and looked like he's been there before. Very admirable on his part. He had equipment malfunction too with his helmet immediately and still produced. Hope he stays next year.
What has always been a burr under my saddle is that Patterson doesn't give his second string quarterback game time experience throughout the year. Yes, I said second string because that should have been Collins. Even though everyone in the stadium knew that every down was going to be a pass, Collins still performed. Honestly, I think we would have won two more games by now with Collins as a starter.