Pharm Frog

Was not able to watch a single down but read the entire game thread:

Offense: D-
Defense: B
Special Teams: B-
Coaching: C-
Officiating: Academic Dishonesty

SnoSki

Offense: D. Boring and predictable despite being loaded with talent. I feel like we have about 8 plays to choose from.

Defense: A. Not A+ because of missed tackles, Montgomery getting 100+ yards and the 3rd and 25 play. Otherwise good.

Special teams: A. Nothing really to write about here which IMHO makes it worthy of an A.

Coaching: B. A for GP, C for Cumbie and the offense still sputtering along like a 88 Toyota Tercel and very little optimism on that side of the ball.

Officiating: F. Saying that Turpin “wasn’t defenseless” is not a valid reason to disregard the helmet-to-helmet hit. The defender easily could have wrapped up Turpin’s waist but instead went for the knockout. Egregious error there, that crew is lucky the game wasn’t a big draw on TV or else everyone would be talking about it. Reggie Smith continues to be a wild card in the games he calls.

LVH

Offense: D. Boring and predictable despite being loaded with talent. I feel like we have about 8 plays to choose from.

Couldnt say it better myself. Offensively we have so many weapons to where we can be unpredictable, yet the play calling leaves a lot to be desired. The only way we are unpredictable is ways that the offense can cause me to shake my head. The Lynn hurdle was the newest way to unpredictably cause me to say [ What the heck? ].

SnoSki

Couldnt say it better myself. Offensively we have so many weapons to where we can be unpredictable, yet the play calling leaves a lot to be desired. The only way we are unpredictable is ways that the offense can cause me to shake my head. The Lynn hurdle was the newest way to unpredictably cause me to say [ What the heck? ].
Our playbook currently consists of:

Quick pass to the flats
Screen to the flats
Option
Fade route
Hand off up the middle
Hand off outside, pray the WR actually blocks
Wild frog run
The occasional double pass

HFrog1999

giphy.gif

Horny4TCU

Offense: D- . They pass only because we have a W and more yards than them.

Defense: B- . They blew a 25 yard 3rd down.

Special Teams: A- . They get the Minus for not stopping the punt on the 5 yard line, and falling for the receiver looking up to catch it at the 15.

Coaching: D- . Patterson gets a C+ for letting SR stay in the game after the fumble and interception and not making him sit a play or two... Shoot he might not have gotten hurt if Patterson was a little meaner. Sonny gets an F for being so predictable and for that deep ball on 3rd and 1.

Officiating: F . The no call on Iowa States clear pass interference. Then the play where they called it on us, was complete crap. The targeting on Turpin, which was textbook definition of the offense. Whatever happened to Anderson, when he needed to come out with his helmet off (someone missed something). Knee pads, really?

Pharm Frog

D for reporting on the game so far. Example:

"After TCU's first game since SMU in 2009 when neither team scored in the first quarter, Robinson was sacked and fumbled in the first minute of the second quarter."

FrogLifeYo

Quick pass to the flats
Screen to the flats
Option
Fade route
Hand off up the middle
Wild frog run

Barber is going to be great for us but good lord that kid can’t hold a block to save his life

Chongo94

Quick pass to the flats
Screen to the flats
Option
Fade route
Hand off up the middle
Wild frog run

Wild frog run to the right only.

BleedNPurple

Quick pass to the flats
Screen to the flats
Option
Fade route
Hand off up the middle
Wild frog run

At least a couple passes over the top for interception every game.

dawg

Let’s try this again:

Offense: D-. 2018 offense making 2013 offense look like organized.
Defense: A. Scoop & score, locked down ISU most of the night.
Special teams: A. Song gives me confidence not seen since Jaden graduated.
Coaching: C-.
Officiating: F- -. Obama ref crew always go in dry on us.

Two things I saw that I liked:

Using 12 sets.

Gaynor and Harris at the guard spots (still, we need Cordel back ASAP).
I have to disagree on the guard play, particularly left guard.

Also, for this giving As to special teams: I thought kickoff coverage was inconsistent, punts were very average and the return game suffered badly with the loss of Turp.