• The KillerFrogs

Renderings of the new TCU Hotel

smufrogger

I like Oklahoma State's new hotel aesthetically on the outside better than the image TCU is floating around for their new hotel. Maybe TCU needs to go take a peek at that one first before they build. The Okie State hotel exterior design looks more like our new fraternity and sorority house designs and I like those better than the first exterior design submission for this TCU hotel.

I also think TCU could more than handle a second, higher end hotel, in that area same general area of campus or maybe by the new performance arts center. Like a category 5 or higher with less rooms than this Hyatt, a workout place as well, a business center, and a restaurant. TCU has the clientele for those type of visitors. Maybe something like a modern, bigger Ashton hotel where it is more in the $250.00 a night range with higher room finish outs and a very elegant lobby and bar. It would be a great place for important campus visitors or new visiting parents who want to take it up a notch on their visit to campus. The market is definitely there.
from reading these comments, TCU isn't building the hotel, merely leasing the land...I imagine they have some input, but the hotel owner I'm sure has primary input to the aesthetics.

H0RNEDFR0G

This only seems far from campus now, wait til TCU buys Pascal. Almost 30 acres of prime TCU real estate. Then the hotel is practically on campus.

watchfrog

So locate for us where there is available square bloc, closer to the stadium, to put the new hotel, as opposed to the Berry street location.
I think it would have to be on Berry St. but it could be farther West closer to the Stadium and main part of the campus. Maybe between the McDonalds and Admissions or between the Bookstore and GrandMarc.

Brog

from reading these comments, TCU isn't building the hotel, merely leasing the land...I imagine they have some input, but the hotel owner I'm sure has primary input to the aesthetics.

From what I've heard, TCU has absolute say in what the hotel will look like. We won't design it, but I think we have veto power over any design submitted.

LeagueCityFrog

My vote, change the outside appearance and make it more in the exterior style of the new TCU fraternity and sorority houses or like the Oklahoma State hotel. Classier looking. More refined appearance from the street.

Dogfrog

From what I've heard, TCU has absolute say in what the hotel will look like. We won't design it, but I think we have veto power over any design submitted.

Well, actually that would mean TCU has absolute say in what the hotel won’t look like.

Who released the renderings? If it was TCU I’ll go ahead and guess they’re ok with it.