• The KillerFrogs

Remembering some GP teams - 2003 version

Spike

That Southern Miss game was my 1st experience watching TCU football. I was a senior in high school and had just applied to TCU because I had a friend that had already been accepted and received some scholarship money. Had no connection to the school before, and like most of my friends at the time was dead set on going to UT Austin. Growing up in Dallas pre-internet days it was pretty much non-stop Big 12 coverage. Remember thinking after the game that sucks they lost, but was cool seeing them on TV and could definitely get into rooting for the local underdog for 4 years. Ended up driving over to see campus during Christmas break, and the rest is history.

Almost 20 years later I'm reminiscing about random football games on anonymous message boards...life comes at you fast.

Have made some great friends on this anonymous message board the last 20 years.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
This was a fun year. Was a 1L at STCL. Listened to most of the games on the radio. Came home for Army game and really enjoyed that crazy game at UH. Was home for Christmas and about froze to death for that Boise game.
Gawd! That was a chilly game!

NewFrogFan

I remember the Louisville newspaper leading its game story (UL had already accepted an invitation to the Big East) with the idea that the advantage of moving conferences was that UL wouldn't have to play TCU anymore....That Wednesday night game was the 3rd win in a row TCU over UL....To be fair, the next year (the last meeting between the two) UL waxed the Frogs up there....
We were there…..it was bad.