• The KillerFrogs

Remembering Our Roots

AustinFrog

As we prepare for another season and forum lunch, I am thinking about how and when we started and 5 men who, beside the Great Wes (Tired of …..) who were there. It was a lot of fun and really revolutionary in 1997.

Trad. No one ever knew more about TCU Basketball than Trad. A great Frog. Never went to a TCU event sports or social that I did not see Trad there. Wish TCU loved him as much as he loved TCU. He and Tired kind of ran the show for a while. Miss the Sunday chats in the Bob Room.

CWhitewolf. Man what a Frog. Mamas Pizza. Remember that fur coat he used to wear to basketball games and sat on the floor at DMC. What a character. Our original big cigar.

Don Dowell. Our original IT guy. Really helped by stealing (barrowing) server space at GolfintheSouthwest.com

Deep. Our guy on the inside. TCU was really secretive about a lot of stuff and Deep was our guy. Sadler was not happy about us being, and really not happy about us getting inside and/or confirmed info.

Scotty Nix. Arkafrog. Scott never meet a stranger. He always had a smile and a handshake or more often a hug. When Scott shook your hand or hugged you, you knew it. He was always glad to see you. When the time came Scott stepped up and helped elevate this forum to where it is today. Scott lived as a true example for God and TCU. I try to be more like Scott and often fail.

So I think back to our 1st lunch at Mamas. A dozen guys just putting names to faces and swapping stories. We have come a long way and I can’t wait to see where we go. Maybe someday, someone, somewhere will admit to writing the Collie Report.

don

Fun times. Loved Tubbs in the chatroom at the steakhouse on dialup when we crashed the server. I still have some editions of the Collie Report in storage but it wasn't me.

The greatest thing that came from all this was the friendships.

I really miss the tomfoolery that occurred in the “Bob” room on Sunday nights and wonder whatever became of Old Rip? It wouldn’t surprise me if it was one of Wes’s sock puppet names. And, whatever happened to a friend of Wes’s that I seem to remember went by the name of I’m With Tired.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Somewhere in the cluttered files on this machine, I have a copy of one of the "Collies" that some brave soul scanned for posterity's sake...

Armadillo

I have actually been here since the very very early days. The very beginning really. Had another user name which I honestly don’t remember. Lots of changes over the years, even a few friendships made along the way.

westoverhillbilly

I was around in the early days as Spousalfrog.. I remember obnoxiously crowing on the Wyoming and Colorado State sites when our 6-5 TCU team got the Sun Bowl nod over the more deserving Cowboys & Rams because they had secretly left us and UTEP out of the newly formed MWC and the prominent El Pasoans on the Sun Bowl committee selected us as a snub to CSU & Wyo.. Both sets of fans predicted us getting blown out and then I went back after our win and gave them an even bigger dose of abuse.. That Sun Bowl game against USC is often credited as being the signature game in our turnaround.. Gary's defense held the Trojans to negative rushing yards..

ShadowFrog

Moderators
I remember posting on the Frog fan forum back in 93-94, forget what my first user name was, moved to Germany in 97 became GermanFrog, then back to San Antonio became USAFrog but could never figure out the tech to make it look the way I meant it with USAF overlapping Frog for a bolded F. Later got sent to Kuwait for a year so became KuwaitFrog, used to email Estridge during games when they asked who was listening in to KTCU-FM & from where, think they were more than surprised I was listening in from 7000 miles away on a laptop via KTCU’s webpage.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
I remember posting on the Frog fan forum back in 93-94, forget what my first user name was, moved to Germany in 97 became GermanFrog, then back to San Antonio became USAFrog but could never figure out the tech to make it look the way I meant it with USAF overlapping Frog for a bolded F. Later got sent to Kuwait for a year so became KuwaitFrog, used to email Estridge during games when they asked who was listening in to KTCU-FM & from where, think they were more than surprised I was listening in from 7000 miles away on a laptop via KTCU’s webpage.
They were surprised the stadium WiFi stretched so far.

Limp Lizard

Old Rip may still be on here (he was a recent grad back then). We gave him hell in the Bob room. He wasn't a good speller, and that was the wellspring of many a joke at Rip's expense. Sometimes his spelling was so bad we had no idea what he was saying. If you are still here, Rip, sorry, but you know how you spelled. Toad Trailer changed his handle to "Fairly Hibbert" from a Rip comment nobody could figure out. Wes would generate wild rumors and get Rip all wound up.

The old...what was it called..Internet Rodeo..Cyber Rodeo??? Was a great meeting place back then. Just a few of us met with Billy Tubbs and staff, Erik Hyman(he had just found out about the MWC and looked awful), and that idiot who ran the WAC that Wes (as Tired) spent all evening trying to teach how to use a chat room...unsuccessfully. You new guys who dislike our current conference leadership have no idea what "bad" really is!

Moose Stuff

I’ve also been here since basically day 1. Been through 3-4 different names along the way. Never took part in the Bob Room but hoping it didn’t actually involve Bob.

OmniscienceFrog

Old Rip may still be on here (he was a recent grad back then). We gave him hell in the Bob room. He wasn't a good speller, and that was the wellspring of many a joke at Rip's expense. Sometimes his spelling was so bad we had no idea what he was saying. If you are still here, Rip, sorry, but you know how you spelled. Toad Trailer changed his handle to "Fairly Hibbert" from a Rip comment nobody could figure out. Wes would generate wild rumors and get Rip all wound up.

The old...what was it called..Internet Rodeo..Cyber Rodeo??? Was a great meeting place back then. Just a few of us met with Billy Tubbs and staff, Erik Hyman(he had just found out about the MWC and looked awful), and that idiot who ran the WAC that Wes (as Tired) spent all evening trying to teach how to use a chat room...unsuccessfully. You new guys who dislike our current conference leadership have no idea what "bad" really is!

Hahahaha, Karl Benson, the WAC Idiot.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Heh. Saw Craig Thompson on a game broadcast the other night. He doesn't look as if he's aged a day. Probably a vampire...