• The KillerFrogs

Regional Game 2 Thread: TCU Vs. Oral Roberts

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
The plot’s thickening a bit. Our regional and the Louisville regional are paired together, with the winners facing each other in a Super. Michigan just beat Louisville, so what if neither A&M nor Louisville win? This scenario played out to our advantage before did it not? I’m encouraged! At least until our pitching takes the mound again tomorrow. Maybe a little early to play what if. Stranger things have happened.
The way this season has gone, it's the stars aligning elsewhere that somehow propel us along.

Not really fantasy. That's pretty much what happened last time in the 2012 College Station regional. We lost our first game, the Aggies lost their second game to Ole Miss, and then we beat the Ags the losers bracket the next day. We then went on to beat Ole Miss X 2 to win the regional.

That's why I always thought that if you're gonna lose it's best to lose the first game. At least you'll get close to 24 hrs rest. Losing the winner's bracket game means you have to win 3 games in 24 hours as opposed to 36.

Pharm Frog

Curiosity strikes… why?
I have some history with some former coaches from USM although not in the context of sports. Plus I do enjoy a good meltdown like Aledo HS yesterday…OSU last night…NC State from awhile back... I was even intrigued by the Frog meltdown against KSU last year and recall vividly a certain Frog reliever packing up the bullpen bag in the 8th inning of a game at Bricktown. But I don’t have much in the way of positive feelings toward USM.

TCUWIN

Guessing you mean the pitching change. I think it masterful coaching. The game was going to be won or lost in that inning. AM for out 1, then bring in your closer. AM is good for tomorrow and your closer got you there. My guess that close game strategy was decided before the game started.
Looking back, it was good for that game. I think AM could have finished the inning. Still been good today. The bullpen has been shaky all year. And now you hope to play 2 today without your closer - who has been really good since being moved to that role. Got to win the game your in first and that is what CS did.