• The KillerFrogs

Regional Game 2 Thread: TCU Vs. Oral Roberts

tcumaniac

No that’s me. I made that drive to Hattiesburg knowing I had to make the return drive that night to make a test I had the next day.

Still remember that Brandon Hassell blindside sack/fumble..
My dad had a work related meeting for a shopping center in Flowood, MS near Jackson, so he let me skip school (I was in 6th grade) and fly to Mississippi with him. We then drove to Hattiesburg for the Thursday night game. I still have such vivid memories of the heartbreak of that game. We ended up leaving our better seats in the middle of the Southern Miss section to go sit near the endzone with TCU fans because their fans were being so confrontational and obnoxious. I’ll never forget our small group of TCU fans being followed out of the stadium while their fans taunted us and sang “na na na na hey hey hey goodbye” over and over.

Goes without saying I still despise southern miss to this day.

Side note: I got to meet Brandon Hassell while he was the QB for a school project where he let me interview him for a paper I was writing. According to my mom, he was unbelievably kind and generous with his time when we met with him. Reconnected with him while I was in college during an internship at Bell Helicopter. Still see him at TCU sporting events all the time. He’s an awesome guy and tremendous frog fan.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Missouri State has scored 9 runs in the bottom of the second against Okie Lite. Guess we were right...they didn't deserve to host.