• The KillerFrogs

Regional Game 2 Thread: TCU Vs. Oral Roberts

Ron Swanson

Does anyone else think that the decision to start Marcelo against Oral Roberts is kind of a face-saving decision? Seems to me like that’s the pitching choice if you just want to make sure you don’t go 0–2, but if you want to give yourself the best chance of winning this regional, you save him for one of the next two games.

GP's Step-Son

Does anyone else think that the decision to start Marcelo against Oral Roberts is kind of a face-saving decision? Seems to me like that’s the pitching choice if you just want to make sure you don’t go 0–2, but if you want to give yourself the best chance of winning this regional, you save him for one of the next two games.

I don’t know what to think, I can see both sides. We really don’t have many options at SP. The problem is Oral Roberts is more like a 3 seed than a 4, so it complicates things. I think if we start Brett Walker today, we lose. At this point, I think you have to go with Marcelo and just try and survive and figure it out tomorrow.

If we win, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Cam Brown get the ball tomorrow.

Weird weird team/year. I have to pinch myself as a reminder that we won the B12 regular season championship… but we did.

Pharm Frog

I would have started MP yesterday so clearly I’m not the person to ask. I saw nothing recently from RC that made me even marginally hopeful he could win BUT he did do better than I thought he would.

That said…can’t lose now so I think it’s less about saving face and more so about throwing the best available to try and stay alive. I do think that logic implies that the Frogs do not survive this weekend (and it did before the weekend started). We just don’t have the arm and bat talent performing at consistent levels to feel good about tournament baseball.

But baseball can be illogical. If the offense doesn’t start to take pressure off the arms, none of this will matter much.

Ron Swanson

Anyone know if Fellatio Bobs is even any good? Hoping they don’t sink their teeth into our pitching. Here’s hoping TCU brings them to their knees and they choke. The Horned Frogs just need get balls into play. Good eye contact would be a bonus.
Shaking Head Reaction GIF by GIPHY News

MadFrog

I am surprised that they lead the overall series. I think they think it does not matter who they start against a TCU team that has trouble scoring. ORU will be pumped up. It would be nice if TCU was also.