• The KillerFrogs

Regional Game 1 Thread: TCU vs Cajuns

MadFrog

Going to need a lot of great recruiting to get this team close to the caliber to win a road regional.
Need a first baseman, some bench players that aren't from Ohio or adjoining states and a lot of arms.
We need hitters that want to hit, not walk. Hitters that attack the ball. We need pitchers that throw strikes and are not scared to death on the mound. We also need better choices by KS and staff. I bet if KS was there last night he would have used Augie to face the left hander that Mo chose to intentionally walk.

We are really going to miss Sacco. He had a GREAT season. I hope he gets drafted in the early rounds paying a big signing bonus. He is one player that deserves it. He just could not make up for the slumps (Bishop, Boyers, Brown, Taylor, Rodgers) our guys had during the season. Plus, it would have been nice to have a pitching staff that could throw more strikes and walk less batters.

Pharm Frog

didn’t this team just win the b12 championship? The way some of you downers talk you’d think we didn’t win a game all season.
Yes. And that gets a banner, COY, and the #1 seed in the Big 12 Championship. This team is right where they were projected before the season began…about the fourth best team from the Big 12. And that’s still a pretty good team but one that wins too rarely against other good teams. Very possible to win a game or two in the regional but beyond that would be a surprise.

And nobody acts like this team hasn’t won a game or thread attention would be similar to VB or WBB.

Last edited:

Pharm Frog

Did you watch the Lousiana game?
Good pitching staffs don't hit leadoff men (three HBPs last night) and issue half a dozen walks (one intentional).
Super-regional level offenses don’t K 11x and plate only 4 earned runs against okay pitching. Good college offenses in the current era have more than 2 players with batting averages over .300. I’ll say it once more….thank goodness for whatever happened to wake up Sacco’s bat this season. A truly remarkable turnaround.

froginmn

Yes. And that gets a banner, COY, and the #1 seed in the Big 12 Championship. This team is right where they were projected before the season began…about the fourth best team from the Big 12. And that’s still a pretty good team but one that wins too rarely against other good teams. Very possible to win a game or two in the regional but beyond that would be a surprise.

And nobody acts like this team hasn’t won a game of thread attention would be similar to VB or WBB.
I know every one of those words, but....

Edit: I think you were saying this:

And nobody acts like this team hasn’t won a game, or thread attention would be similar to VB or WBB.

Pretty sure I figured it out :)

NewFrogFan

We need hitters that want to hit, not walk. Hitters that attack the ball. We need pitchers that throw strikes and are not scared to death on the mound. We also need better choices by KS and staff. I bet if KS was there last night he would have used Augie to face the left hander that Mo chose to intentionally walk.

We are really going to miss Sacco. He had a GREAT season. I hope he gets drafted in the early rounds paying a big signing bonus. He is one player that deserves it. He just could not make up for the slumps (Bishop, Boyers, Brown, Taylor, Rodgers) our guys had during the season. Plus, it would have been nice to have a pitching staff that could throw more strikes and walk less batters.
First pitch strikes, NEVER walk the first batter in an inning. Oh, and ANY offensive game different than what BM comes up with.

East Coast

Tier 1
What about that was a good game? And what about that was fun?

I imagine you’re just relieved you don’t have to root against a&m
I thought it was a fun game, especially if you had no skin in it. Went down to the last out, had home runs, key 2 out hits, SB's, great throws by our catcher, horrible blunders, etc. Of course it was frustrating to lose it when you are a frog fan, but those are two entirely different metrics.

Big Frog II

Super-regional level offenses don’t K 11x and plate only 4 earned runs against okay pitching. Good college offenses in the current era have more than 2 players with batting averages over .300. I’ll say it once more….thank goodness for whatever happened to wake up Sacco’s bat this season. A truly remarkable turnaround.
We do not have enough good hitters. Only 2 over .300 in college on your team is awful. That and our relief pitching makes you wonder how in this world we won the Big 12 regular season.

Latest posts