• The KillerFrogs

REGIONAL FINAL: Frogs v. Wolfpack --- Monday Night Game Thread (7 pm)

OICU812

tcudoc said:
I stopped viewing things through prisms after I saw this
2632486-prisms_prisms_gay_rainbow_straight_demotivational_poster_1248291017.jpg
I resolved to always look through prisms after seeing that album cover... For hours...

Pharm Frog

swimmerbabe11 said:
Can I trade in likes for cash or something? 
Cause if so, this thread is making me a rich lady.

Sent in donation earlier today.   Notified my company and they should match but it usually takes a while.

Pharm Frog

From "the blur" at PackPride (another bat boy reference).  The meltdown is slowing but clearly not at an end....

Let's cut to the chase on the errors, specifically Willard's 2 errors in the 8th. Those were Little League plays. The easiest routine ground balls imaginable. And he didn't even come close to fielding either of them. That was the baseball equivalent of a player missing about 8 free throws in a row in the last minute of a game. Not a team missing that many. One player! After the second one Avent should have yanked him and put someone else in. Seriously. ANYONE! A bullpen pitcher that you're never going to play. The fat kid on the end of the bench that hasn't dedicated himself at all. The scorekeeper. The bat boy. Your great grandma. ANYONE that you put it couldn't possibly have performed any worse in that situation and all Avent did is shrug his shoulders, turn his back and walk away. As a coach there's having faith in your guys to make up for mistakes and knowing they'll make the next play. And then there's a deer in the headlights/bury your head in the sand reaction where the coach hopes he'll wake up from his nightmare and everything will turn out fine in the end. It was pretty easy to see which road Avent took last night. After the second error by Willard I knew we were going to lose. Absolutely knew it! Players have to make plays. And coaches have to get their guys to perform when the pressure is on. Some coaches can get their guys to perform better than others in those situations. And that's usually a defining trait for a coach to have when it comes to the great ones and just another average coach.

Pharm Frog

Even Mosiello getting love from PackPride

Hey TCU third base coach MAY YOUR LAUGHTER DIRECTED AT OUR HEAD COACH AND THE BALK SITUATION COME BACK TO HAUNT YOU IN THE VERY NEAR FUTURE! Classless some of the universities in the state of NC>  courtesy of BigDaug

Bizarro Frog

The Bigfoot went down very smooth as we stormed back.  It was pretty hot from the ABV so I slept really well after the game ended.  Might need to innings 8-10 again since my memory is a little foggy. 

Thanks to coaches, players and the awesome crowd last night.

Go Frogs

Pharm Frog said:
Even Mosiello getting love from PackPride

Hey TCU third base coach MAY YOUR LAUGHTER DIRECTED AT OUR HEAD COACH AND THE BALK SITUATION COME BACK TO HAUNT YOU IN THE VERY NEAR FUTURE! Classless some of the universities in the state of NC>  courtesy of BigDaug
He didn't laugh. All the coach said was that he had a look on his face like they got away with something

H

hiphopfroggy

TCURiggs said:
Talked to some dude in the parking lot who said he got yelled at by Rafael Palmeiro for heckling his son with steroids talk. He got in his face and asked him how he would like it if he had a son who got heckled like that. This young bro apparently said, "Dude, I'm 25. I don't have a son and I don't give a boat." Haha

Raffy roid raging on other peoples kids on TCU campus?? not cool he should be arrested. Raffy and his whole family should be banned from baseball at all levels for the harm and disrespect he's done to the game a la Pete Rose. Everything that kid owns for the rest of his life was given to him by steroids so he'd better get used to being aware of it.

SwissArmyFrog

Oh, the kid is aware of it, and sadly, it will continue to be jammed down his throat because its an excuse for people who get some kind of perverse pleasure out of reminding the son of his father's failure. 

Pharm Frog

SwissArmyFrog said:
Oh, the kid is aware of it, and sadly, it will continue to be jammed down his throat because its an excuse for people who get some kind of perverse pleasure out of reminding the son of his father's failure. 

I expect that, like most things in life, the better course of action would be for the elder Palmeiro to simply ignore the heckling because every time he reacts, he gives it new life.  I suspect that the younger Palmeiro handles it just fine and will continue to do so.  His play will speak for itself or it won't.