• The KillerFrogs

Redirects??

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
All of a sudden I can't see Tweets on this site. When I click on "Loading Tweet", I get:

"Blocked by Content Security Policy
This page has a content security policy that prevents it from being loaded in this way."

What's up with that?

Ron Swanson

All of a sudden I can't see Tweets on this site. When I click on "Loading Tweet", I get:

This page has a content security policy that prevents it from being loaded in this way."

What's up with that?

giphy.gif

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain

What's up with that?
Are you using Firefox? That is a known issue with that browser.

Sebastian S

Not sure what it is, is it a pop up that disconnects the mobile version?

It's perfectly fine on a computer but nearly useless on a mobile device.

Purp

Prolly owned by the Russians. They now own you.
"Brave is on a mission to fix the web by giving users a safer, faster and better browsing experience – while growing support for content creators through a new attention-based ecosystem of rewards.

"Much more than a browser, Brave is a new way of thinking about how the web works.

"Brave is open source, and built by a team of privacy focused, performance oriented pioneers of the web, founded by the inventor of Javascript and co-founder of Mozilla.

"Join us. It’s time to fix the web together."

https://brave.com/about/

The guy who started Brave was co-founder of Mozilla. He stepped down as CEO of Mozilla several years ago in a highly publicized "scandal" because he donated money to the California Prop 8, which is the state amendment to their constitution that defined marriage between a man and a woman. It actually passed on the ballot, ironically, because of the heavily Catholic Hispanic vote in California. He's living proof that taking a position on anything remotely controversial in California is political suicide.

Nevertheless, after resigning as CEO of Mozilla he started Brave. I heard about it recently and have really enjoyed the experience thus far. I never realized how much of the load time on websites was caused by garbage I didn't want until I started using Brave. I recommend checking it out. Unless you know Brendan Eich is a Ruskie.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
"Brave is on a mission to fix the web by giving users a safer, faster and better browsing experience – while growing support for content creators through a new attention-based ecosystem of rewards.

"Much more than a browser, Brave is a new way of thinking about how the web works.

"Brave is open source, and built by a team of privacy focused, performance oriented pioneers of the web, founded by the inventor of Javascript and co-founder of Mozilla.

The guy who started Brave was co-founder of Mozilla. He stepped down as CEO of Mozilla several years ago in a highly publicized "scandal" because he donated money to the California Prop 8, which is the state amendment to their constitution that defined marriage between a man and a woman. It actually passed on the ballot, ironically, because of the heavily Catholic Hispanic vote in California. He's living proof that taking a position on anything remotely controversial in California is political suicide.

Nevertheless, after resigning as CEO of Mozilla he started Brave. I heard about it recently and have really enjoyed the experience thus far. I never realized how much of the load time on websites was caused by garbage I didn't want until I started using Brave. I recommend checking it out. Unless you know Brendan Eich is a Ruskie.

Giving it a shot now. So far so good.

California sucks.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Trying out Brave and I like it. I also like their ethos.

So I came here to test it out. It has a built-in ad blocker. It also blocks pretty much everything else that makes modern day internetting suck.

In default mode it showed that it blocked 1 item. So I switched to regular and it had to block 4 things.

I’ll be sticking with Default mode. Those who don’t are crazy.

Purp

Trying out Brave and I like it. I also like their ethos.

So I came here to test it out. It has a built-in ad blocker. It also blocks pretty much everything else that makes modern day internetting suck.

In default mode it showed that it blocked 1 item. So I switched to regular and it had to block 4 things.

I’ll be sticking with Default mode. Those who don’t are crazy.
I haven't been in Default mode for almost a week and haven't had a single ad or redirect. I'm digging this new browser.

netty2424

I don't know that for a fact, but I'm convinced the Russians run the www, both good and bad.

Tinfoilhat.gif

Horned Toad

Ok I loaded the Brave browser on my iPad. I can see my screen faintly flash every few seconds. Opened new tab to look at the statistics and in under 2 minutes of use Brave had blocked 33 trackers and 10 Ads. Impressive!

netty2424

Ok I loaded the Brave browser on my iPad. I can see my screen faintly flash every few seconds. Opened new tab to look at the statistics and in under 2 minutes of use Brave had blocked 33 trackers and 10 Ads. Impressive!
Is that legit or just fake news to make users believe it's actually doing something?

Serious question. I know nothing about internet security.

Purp

Is that legit or just fake news to make users believe it's actually doing something?

Serious question. I know nothing about internet security.
I think it's legit. I've been using it on mobile for over a week without a single redirect and I'm not even using default mode. Pages load faster too bc it's not trying to download all the superfluous garbage I don't care about.