• The KillerFrogs

Redirects: Bad for business?

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
Evidently so. Thread was deleted. Whichever moderator deleted this, please send me a PM. All I am seeking is a solution to a board wide problem.

ACroofrog

Yea very annoying could barely follow the basketball game thread because every four posts I read I would get a redirect

froginmn

You very seriously need to look at changing ad networks.

I got a brand new phone a couple weeks ago, and within minutes on this site I had a redirect (I'm a paid member).

It was a complete pain because it jacked with my browser. It made my home page into the "second" page, so even when I first opened the browser, the back button led me to the redirect page.

I installed two separate antivirus programs, deleted cache, force stopped the app, you name it. The issue wouldn't go away, despite literally hours of work.

For some reason, on the third day my phone rose again and the issue was resolved. But I came this close to giving up on KF.c and if this happens again i probably will. I have changed to default mode and haven't seen a redirect again - yet.

Doesn't happen on any other site.

netty2424

I got a brand new phone a couple weeks ago, and within minutes on this site I had a redirect (I'm a paid member).

It was a complete pain because it jacked with my browser. It made my home page into the "second" page, so even when I first opened the browser, the back button led me to the redirect page.

I installed two separate antivirus programs, deleted cache, force stopped the app, you name it. The issue wouldn't go away, despite literally hours of work.

For some reason, on the third day my phone rose again and the issue was resolved. But I came this close to giving up on KF.c and if this happens again i probably will. I have changed to default mode and haven't seen a redirect again - yet.

Welcome to the Default Side.

Horny 4 Life

Don't worry, the redirects will eventually come for you in default too. I've battled them several times while being in default mode.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus

When we get ad code, its just that, a cryptic code and none of identifies an ad as one that redirects, etc

We turn complaints over to our provider and they adjust code or send us new code, which we insert.

This has been a constant battle for years and continues to be one. Not only with us but many sites that accept advertising.

I'm not sure what will ever bring an end to it, other than finding the people who create these ads and re-arranging their faces a few times.

Rest assure that we don't like them either and turn over complaints to our ad provider, who is usually very responsive. I noticed that they sent us some adjusted codes this morning so hopefully we wont see them for a few days

Just bear with us

Surfrog

Just an FYI never install an anti virus program unless said software has been professionally vetted. By installing an anti-virus software, you give said software a "backdoor" into your system to run/install whatever it wants. Learned this the hard way.