1. The KillerFrogs

Reddit Short Squeeze #WallStreetBets

Discussion in 'The Pit' started by Sweat Equity, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Any other finance guys/gals watching this phenomenon? Witnessing history. Closest thing to seeing aliens.

3. Psychopaths.

jake102 and Sweat Equity like this.
  4. This the gamestop one? Really started cooking up last night.

Sweat Equity likes this.
  5. Anyone have the cliffsnotes version of this thread?

Paul in uhh likes this.
  6. 16 Y/O Redditer’s making $mms by squeezing shorts on worthless stocks.

(Watch that short video I tagged above.)

jake102 and TxFrog1999 like this.
  7. AMC now up 44% after hours. This is beginning to get fun. Whomp whomp Andrew Left.

Mean Purple likes this.
  8. Some clever net dudes (my guess is they are nothing but a front for some actually clever group of investors) played games with the shorting that was going on with Game Stop. Frickin' worked and those who went in on the shorting are fricking because they are taking it in the shorts.

Funny if it is not you getting Swalwelled, but I'm sure the SEC is now watching them like a frickin' hawk.

Eight and Sweat Equity like this.
  9. Ding Ding Ding.

LSU Game Attendee likes this.
  10. $AMC up 227%. This is nuts. Andrew Left is drowning in his tears trying to cover his short.

11. I tossed some coin at AMC to see if it does what Gamestop did over the last week.

Mean Purple and GoFrog Yourself like this.
  12. BB/NOK/AMC/GME all halted. Kids found the fatal flaw in the Markets. Insane.

13. Congrats to whoever figured this out and organized it. I don't see anything for the SEC to do.

New columns are going into short risk models, for sure.

Bob Sugar, jake102 and Sweat Equity like this.
  14. Total insanity. And fraud

15. There's no fraud, as far as I can see. Supposedly, Soros did that for years with currencies. Word leaked out that Soros was buying up currency and then when it rose, after everyone wanted in, he sold.

Sucks for the people who buy GameStop or AMC with money they cannot afford. I am smart enough not to do that. If I make several hundred percent, awesome. If I lose what I put in, well, that's life. No different than a trip to Vegas.

TxFrog1999 and GoFrog Yourself like this.
  16. I also do not see anything fraudulent. A bunch of ppl went after naked shorts. Their loss.

Dogfrog and Peacefrog like this.
  17. Is this some variation of the typical message board pump-and-dump scheme?

18. I understand shorting... don’t understand what “playing games” means.