• The KillerFrogs

Red Raider Review: Big 12 Rising Rivalry: Texas Tech vs. TCU?

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

Big 12 Rising Rivalry: Texas Tech vs. TCU?​

Cole Thompson

With Sonny Dykes taking over at TCU, a new rivalry could be growing between the Horned Frogs and Red Raiders.

ARLINGTON - New Texas Tech coach Joey McGuire can see the changing tides in college football. This goes well past the future of the Big 12 and conference realignment.

Texas and Oklahoma are on the way out. BYU, UCF, Cincinnati, and Houston will arrive in July of 2023. New rivalries are bound to be found in the process.

"It's going to be interesting to see what pans out of how that's going to be," McGuire said at Big 12 Media Days. "Is [our rival] going to be TCU? There's a great history with TCU and Texas Tech. Is it going to be Baylor? I know they're not going to be in the conference, but I hope we still play Texas every year."

Read more at https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/big-12-rising-rivalry-texas-tech-vs-tcu/ar-AAZUYdF

WhatTheFrog

How many Tech grads does it take to change a lightbulb?

Nine: one to change the bulb, and eight to visit each of the other SWC schools to try and start a lightbulb changing rivalry.
Thanks for this.

My wife (Tech grad) has been talking about the cactus crap when she sees something about it on her Tech facebook group. I told her this one this morning. She didn't find it funny like I did. Maybe that will shut her up.