• The KillerFrogs

really, really disappointed in this board. not one mention of the issues at auburn with harsin and um...his assistant

Eight

curious if we could see a few bigger bodies on the transfer market, such as the big dlineman from uo who committed to auburn

Eight

Not sure what the specifics are. But he is certainly on the ropes and will no doubt be forced out soon. Players run the programs now.

this isn't solely about the players, as harsin apparently brought some baggage with him from boise that may be used as leverage in buy out discussions

my bigger interest is if harsin gets canned does that possibly put the two big transfer defensive linemen back on the market.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Job Responsibilities: Crochet is responsible for assisting the head football coach with his daily schedule, organization, communication and special projects. Crochet is also responsible for assisting with all football daily operations and scheduling.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
this isn't solely about the players, as harsin apparently brought some baggage with him from boise that may be used as leverage in buy out discussions

my bigger interest is if harsin gets canned does that possibly put the two big transfer defensive linemen back on the market.
What baggage did he bring? So far I have not read or heard specifics. The collapse to end their season has them questioning things. Is there a link to something? The school president says they are working to separate fact from fiction but about what? He is mean? Not a “people person” as I read somewhere?

Eight

What baggage did he bring? So far I have not read or heard specifics. The collapse to end their season has them questioning things. Is there a link to something? The school president says they are working to separate fact from fiction but about what? He is mean? Not a “people person” as I read somewhere?

not one complete source that i know of. but might be out there.

very good friend from church is an auburn alum and the jest from him and a few of the papers in alabama follows a story line that harsin was not the first choice of a group of boosters who were pushing another candidate, the ad in some alums' minds went a bit rogue and hired harsin, harsin is not exactly mr warm and friendly and there are questions about whether or not he is the guy for the job

auburn not only has lost a number of players transferring out but their dc left for ok state which raised a few eyebrows and their new oc didn't even stay a month

now the really fun part of the story. harsin brought along with him a special assistant that worked for him at boise that peace reference above. depending upon who you wish to believe she is either just a special assistant or is harsin's side piece that he hired to work for auburn. my son has told me there is an entertaining thread on surlyhorns that features here and while this isn't to the degree of ohio state assistant who got into the public spat with mensa batsht crazy it tops bobby petrino crazy .

people can decide on their own, but the rumor from my auburn alum friend is that the arrangement was known from the start to potentially use as a poison pill so that they could blow out harsin if needed and avoid the 17M buyout.

how much is truth? tough to say, but there is no doubt the sec does have great coaching meltdowns be it harsin, petrino, or mike price at bama and makes what tcu went through with the transition from gary seem pretty tame overall.

still curious if one or both of those big transfer defensive linemen could come back on the market

Eight

best part of the auburn story is harsin really must be a tough guy to deal with because auburn has continued to protect bruce pearl who is less than a saint.

what is really interesting about pearl is his connection to one mike slive and this wonderful story about pearl and jimmy collins

how much of that story is true is tough to say because pearl, slive, and others are not going to touch the story

Chongo94

cc.jpg

Chongo94

Surly has some great memes going on about all this too…not sure if they made them or if Auburn people did but they’re pretty funny