• The KillerFrogs

Really, Baker?

Wexahu

Mayfield disses fired former coach Hue Jackson for taking a job at Cincy, a team the Browns play twice a year.

This coming from the guy that transferred from Silo Tech to OU...

The guy thrives on being an a-hole and not being liked. He'll take the low road at every opportunity. If he ever becomes one of the best QBs in the league, he'll be the most insufferable prick ever, if he isn't already.

Zubaz

Love it. At least he's being honest. Jackson was objectively terrible, among the worst head coaches in NFL history, and clearly Cincy hiring him isn't exactly paying dividends.

Related: Just saw Andy's year is done and he's going on the IR.

Chew

What was Hue Jackson supposed to do? Not take a job, in a profession that he seems to enjoy and gets paid well for, after being fired from Cleveland? Pretty sure teams were not beating down his door to keep him in the league. So he took what was offered up.

If Baker leaves Cleveland for greener pastures, after that bad take he put out there, it better be because he is retiring.

Joho

What was Hue Jackson supposed to do? Not take a job, in a profession that he seems to enjoy and gets paid well for, after being fired from Cleveland? Pretty sure teams were not beating down his door to keep him in the league. So he took what was offered up.

If Baker leaves Cleveland for greener pastures, after that bad take he put out there, it better be because he is retiring.

Spot-on take!

Hue Jackson was FIRED, he didn’t bail on the Browns. He seems like a nice enough guy, maybe he was in over his head at CLE (and OAK)?
Perhaps Baker never got over not being christened the Day One QB1 as soon as he was drafted?? Always has to tell himself over and over that no one believed in him. *eyeroll*

MinerFrog2409

The offseason sucks
I know I'm not of the majority here but I love this from Baker. Hue Jackson is a joke and while it's dumb for Mayfield to say he shouldn't have taken a job it's also Hue Jackson who was the absolute suckiest head coach you could ever ask for while he was trying to act like he knew a damn thing about anything while the head coach for the Browns. Then he went scorched Earth out of there talking about how he should still have the head coaching job. I know Killerfrogs hates Baker but he's one of my favorites. Dude wins and his teammates love him