• The KillerFrogs

Realignment and CDC's Role

BankerFrog

Was talking with an Aggie today about the eventual Big 12 realignment and I had a thought and wanted to get yall's take on it:

With CDC going to Texas and having his right hand man take over as our AD I believe that that bodes EXTREMELY well for us if the conference realigns during their tenures.

With Baylor imploding and Tech well on the way I could see us being the team paired up with UT (replacing TT) in an eventual realignment.

Thoughts?

Dman890

All makes sense but way too early to tell the driving forces of realiagnment.

It definitely can’t hurt having CDC in that role. My best guess is that the status quo will remain next round despite some looking around...but no one knows.

Zubaz

CDC doesn't give two darns about TCU anymore. If it doesn't benefit Texas, don't count on him having our back in anything
That's a bit unfair. While his primary duty is, and should be, to the institution that signs his paychecks, to suggest that he'll have ZERO interest in TCU is needlessly uncharitable. I have no doubt that he'd fight for us over, say, Baylor.

Brog

Was talking with an Aggie today about the eventual Big 12 realignment and I had a thought and wanted to get yall's take on it:

With CDC going to Texas and having his right hand man take over as our AD I believe that that bodes EXTREMELY well for us if the conference realigns during their tenures.

With Baylor imploding and Tech well on the way I could see us being the team paired up with UT (replacing TT) in an eventual realignment.

Thoughts?

Tech may be on its way, but right now they look like the team to beat in Big12 basketball. What they did to KU in Lawrence last night was scared.

BankerFrog

Texas hasn't been relevant in College Sports in a while. We would be better off if we focused our energy into furthering the school's perception as the best in Texas than worrying about the burnt orange stain in Austin.

Lol we might have the best athletic TEAMS in Texas, but UT is still UT. They are the BSD of the Big 12 and if you think just because we have a better football/baseball/basketball team that we are better you are completely mistaken

kodiak

2023 may be the date, relationships need to be strengthened. We can take advantage of our baseball and our recent basketball success to make our case. Football is the big driver though.

LeagueCityFrog

History teaches lessons. Baylor had Ann Richards in the governor's seat when the Big XII formed. I don't think CDC would do us wrong, but maybe having someone like TCU alum and current Texas State Senator Lois Kolkhorst in that governor seat come 2024 would help. TCU just needs to keep doing what they are doing with recruiting and facilities and keep moving. If it was me, I would give a football only, 5 year deal with the option renew to BYU and Boise. Casual fans nationally would watch those games. Put BYU and Boise in the same western division as the Texas schools and be done with it. OU and others in the eastern division and we are good. Drop down to 8 conference games to give the lower half of the conference another doable game to win to help get them bowl eligible and be done with it. See the SEC for details on that same formula and how it gets two teams from one conference in the championship game. Adding those two in football only would preserve the double round robin in basketball and keep baseball local for travel costs. Big XII needs to go back to XII and this expansion and or conference demise talk will stop completely and TCU is good. For those thinking Pac-12, don't forget the associated travel costs, game start times, and when these "student" athletes would get home after a 9pm Texas time west coast kickoff. Easier to fly home from Lubbock, Kansas City, and OKC and more cost effective for TCU traveling alums.

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
The bigger concern is that UT will be politically forced to bring along its red-headed stepchild state school rather than some uppity private school. Same holds true for OU - Okie Lite. It is nice to have CDC there, but when the state power brokers come calling, he isn't going to spit in their face to do TCU a huge solid unless there is a good economic reason.

Moose Stuff

The bigger concern is that UT will be politically forced to bring along its red-headed stepchild state school rather than some uppity private school. Same holds true for OU - Okie Lite. It is nice to have CDC there, but when the state power brokers come calling, he isn't going to spit in their face to do TCU a huge solid unless there is a good economic reason.

Valid point. There is a distinction to be made between CDC having TCU’s back and CDC actually being able to do anything for us.

Big Frog II

CDC will be important in keeping the Big 12 together. Don't underestimate him pulling some Pac-12 teams this way. Their network has been a disaster, and their other TV/Bowl moneys are falling way behind everyone else.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
CDC doesn't give two darns about TCU anymore. If it doesn't benefit Texas, don't count on him having our back in anything.

We all we got. We all we need.
Thats right and remember he navigated us to another conference and that may be why UT wanted him

There has always been talk about UT and the PAC-12

Maniac is right, his paycheck comes from UT and we are off his radar

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
This is an extremely immature response. Relationships matter. I'm not saying they're all that matters but they can make a significant difference.
They do matter but paychecks matter more and CDC is being paid by the Horns now.

I wouldn't expect him to have our backs. He might but only if his current employers needs are met and he doesn't ruffle any feathers in doing so