• The KillerFrogs

Reagan Pebley

wilson912

There is no doubt Coach Pebley is a terrific ambassador for TCU and a class act. Is she any danger given this season’s results for our WBB squad? Hope she turns it around!!!

Big Frog II

She is a Class A person. She had a great team in 2020, and was poised to make a nice run in the tournament and then the virus hit. I would give her another year to turn things around. With the transfer portal, that can be accomplished. We have to see big progress though.

LVH

My issue is that she did not inherit a bad program like Trent Johnson or Jamie Dixon did - Mittie's last season he was able to win 8 Big 12 games and was a close Big 12 tourney loss to West Virginia from going to the NCAA tournament.

The program has not been elevated from Mittie and its been 8 years. I think the problem is that she brought in a very gimmicky style that worked in the WAC with Fresno State but doesn't work against better competition and attempts to try other things have not worked.

TCUdirtbag

My issue is that she did not inherit a bad program like Trent Johnson or Jamie Dixon did - Mittie's last season he was able to win 8 Big 12 games and was a close Big 12 tourney loss to West Virginia from going to the NCAA tournament.

The program has not been elevated from Mittie and its been 8 years. I think the problem is that she brought in a very gimmicky style that worked in the WAC with Fresno State but doesn't work against better competition and attempts to try other things have not worked.
My way back brain machine is broke but didn’t she have some highly ranked recruiting classes in the early years? A McDonald’s all American and so forth?

Frog45

Ticket Exchange Pass

I'm curious, what to you is gimmicky about it?

LVH

I'm curious, what to you is gimmicky about it?
It was very similar to Nolan Richardson's 40 minutes of hell. Non stop full court press, try to force turnovers, not a lot of halfcourt defense. It was very boom or bust. I haven't watched much of our WBB team the last few years so I don't know if that is still the approach.

Frog45

Ticket Exchange Pass
It was very similar to Nolan Richardson's 40 minutes of hell. Non stop full court press, try to force turnovers, not a lot of halfcourt defense. It was very boom or bust. I haven't watched much of our WBB team the last few years so I don't know if that is still the approach.
They haven't played that way for a while. I think that was out of what she perceived as necessity, due to lack of size.

TCUdirtbag

This is a super old post, but given the context of this season, she's gone - right?

Gotta be.

Had to look up how bad things are going. 0-11 in Big 12 play. Average margin of loss in those games is nearly 20 pts. 6-16 overall. Haven’t won a single road game all season. We may well end up 0-18. Beat chance for a win is probably home vs Kansas or on the road at Tech (who beat us in FW). Not great.

She’s a great person but we gotta reset. And probably have to decide if we what to invest enough to be competitive in a sport dominated by about 6-12 programs.

Last edited:

JugbandFrog

I do like looking at her on the sidelines, but yeah, we are trash. Things might have bene different if they had to played in the NCAA tourney the year Covid cancelled it. That was a squad.

JogginFrog

When you post a 40-point home loss to the 4th-place team, I don't know what's left. She emptied the bench that game (13 players saw the court), so I guess the plan was to allow families to see their kid play. Has to be time to thank her for her service; maybe she'll be successful elsewhere, and hopefully the next coach can turn it around quickly.