• The KillerFrogs

Reading between the lines, Mack Rhoades

Dutch

T C U Froooogs
YouTube his interview from yesterday.
BTL..He is po ed about the new commish. Big 12 data iwii per TV future. He doesn’t give a hoot about XII and he is just wanting to get BU into the next iteration.
I hope we have the same attitude.

I did not get that impression from this interview yesterday, assuming this is the one you are referring to. Baylor’s AD, Mack Rhoades, speaks of the new Big 12 commish, Brett Yormark, and the Big 12 positively in the first ten minutes and then the Big 12 very optimistically at the 17:35 mark.

Last edited:

Eight

Yes. He seems to be doing one hell of a job in Waco and he is highly respected as a result. Just because he’s a Baylor guy doesn’t mean he’s irrelevant.

and? exactly how does making a good hire as football coach mean he understands the demands of running a conference or who would be a good candidate for commissioner?

Dman890

Everyone is blindly hoping we can find alternative revenue streams while simultaneously hoping to get invited to another conference

Long Time Lurker

Everyone is blindly hoping we can find alternative revenue streams while simultaneously hoping to get invited to another conference
I’m hoping someone comes along and offers the big 12 enough money to stick at 14 and directly compete with SEC and BIG. It would take a visionary leader to get that accomplished.

Eight

giphy.gif

Dutch

T C U Froooogs
We

I did not get that impression from this interview yesterday, assuming this is the one you are referring to. Baylor’s AD, Mack Rhoades, speaks of the new Big 12 commish, Brett Yormark, and the Big 12 positively in the first ten minutes and then the Big 12 very optimistically at the 17:35 mark.

i waited a day to see if I had over reacted and listened again. It is worse than I thought. BTL…This hire is about the next media rights deal period. Within 5 years there will be “difficult discussions and hard decisions’.( like telling XII they are leaving you behind) He is putting the biggest shine on BU possible. All XII comments were platitudes. It would be nice to hear from ADJD besides cheerleader fluff.