1. The KillerFrogs

RBG dead at 83 - Roe v Wade next

Discussion in 'The Pit' started by The Degenerate Frog, Sep 18, 2020.

1. I don't really have an opinion on all of this right now, but saw this on Twitter and gave it a head-nod

2. So elections have consequences?

3. Well, that's what Barry said.

4. This is war...

Initially, I was on the fence and leaning towards this should be an election issue. I've had a change of heart precisely because of comments like these. Last time, there was no threat of war. There was no threat of "do not concede." There was no useless show trial to remove a President based purely along party lines. There was no attempt by the ruling class to overthrow an administration. The left and all their little never Trump butt buddies had a chance to play nice and they didn't.

You wanna be a Meathead? Be a Meathead. This will not end well for anyone. Be careful what you ask for.

5. Precisely my point. They don't realize they are going to a gunfight with an animated spork. There will be blood. We all lose.

Salfrog and HFrog1999 like this.
  6. [​IMG]

HFrog1999 likes this.
  7. That’s all well and good, but my impression is that those who want a pro-life judge want them to overturn Roe v Wade. Am I wrong in that assumption? Though I do understand many republican politicians probably don’t actually want that as it would take away an issue to campaign on.

Regardless of the morals of abortion, I don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone actually make a case for how logistically society would actually work if roe v wade is overturned.

8. Overturning Roe v Wade (which I don’t think would happen) doesn’t make abortion illegal. It would just give the states the right to regulate it based on the will of the voters. If a woman wants to travel to a state to get an abortion, then she does, just like before the ruling.

As I’m sure you know,, there’s no “right to abortion” in the Constitution.

https://nccs.net/blogs/americas-founding-documents/bill-of-rights-amendments-1-10

9. And expensive. People that would be great parents are held up by red tape and costs more than it should. There are tons of kids out there who need a better home than they deserve and we make it too hard for good people. While some people that have kids, probably shouldn't... Not that there should be cap on people having kids or a test to pass to have them, but definitely a better option for them to prevent it in the first place or at least the knowledge.

Pull & Pray and the rhythm method work. Practicing both since I was 16, and I have one planned child (in wedlock). Even with my years of whoring around in college and young adulthood never once was I worried... You can't stop people from having sex, but you can teach them ways to prevent disease and pregnancy.

10. scheiss democracy. We're gonna stop Trump no matter what. Well, Nancy, you've tried every arrow in the quiver already. Beauty shop "let them eat ice cream" Pelosi.

11. Clearly they're not in pro-gun state. Conceal and Carry and stand your ground need to be upheld in every state.

12. Arrows?

[​IMG]

Bob Sugar, Salfrog, TCURiggs and 4 others like this.
  13. Too funny.

14. Yeah, it shouldn't be so expensive either. We're looking at 52k and when you factor in personal expenses it will be pushing 60k. We'll be doing a gofundme amd other fund raisers to offset some costs but it is a bit unsettling that you have to do that.

It's frustrating because we've been trying for 4 years to have a 2nd. Meanwhile, my loser cousin has 6 and hasn't had a steady job in 20 years. Three between 14 and 19 from 1st marriage and 3 between 1 and 6 from his 2nd. His 17 yr old daughter has been living with her bf for 2 years. His 14 yr old daughter is living with her mom and they skip out on hotels nearly every week. His 2nd wife is a petty theif and a pill head.

My brother and SIL will have their 2nd in December. They'd be able to dish out 60k for a child and not blink an eye if needed. SIL refuses to stop drinking.

Just pisses me off seeing people around us being [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ]ty parents but we have to take it in the shorts to provide a child with a better opportunity.

15. This makes my head spin and is exactly what I am talking about. It's absolutely ridiculous you have to go through that costly of a process...

The other kick in the shorts is knowing how bad some foster parents are and the government throws money at them...

Now not every foster situation is bad. My uncle raised a foster daughter along with his two other daughters. Her mom was an addict and she had a great life with my uncle's family. Then there other success stories. But at the same time there are too many cases of neglect and abuse out of the foster system.

It all goes back to having our priorities in the wrong places and not protecting the vulnerable populations. And it hurts that it happens primarily to kids, be them born or unborn.

16. [​IMG]

17. Or who pays for all the social services for all of these kids given up for adoption, dropped off at fire stations, or plunked into foster care. I mean of course it’s the American taxpayer.

18. [​IMG]