• The KillerFrogs

RB Coach - Scoop

2themax

Am I the only one thinking "what if" had TCU went with a splash hire when CGP was given the opportunity?
Just asking.

Pharm Frog

Am I the only one thinking "what if" had TCU went with a splash hire when CGP was given the opportunity?
Just asking.

I'm guessing 2.3 national championships, 12 major bowl victories, and a College of Engineering. The only question I would ask is if these hires are an attempt to "fix" something or is the diagnosis that what needs fixing has little to nothing to do with coaching personnel. From the outside looking in, I tend to think that GP either believes that seemingly minor repairs will be sufficient to achieve the next rung on his pyramid of program accomplishments or that his pyramid now has a smaller peak.

flyfishingfrog

I'm guessing 2.3 national championships, 12 major bowl victories, and a College of Engineering. The only question I would ask is if these hires are an attempt to "fix" something or is the diagnosis that what needs fixing has little to nothing to do with coaching personnel. From the outside looking in, I tend to think that GP either believes that seemingly minor repairs will be sufficient to achieve the next rung on his pyramid of program accomplishments or that his pyramid now has a smaller peak.
Or maybe GP believes surrounding yourself with proven guys you trust is better than taking long shots and hoping they work out

Pharm Frog

Or maybe GP believes surrounding yourself with proven guys you trust is better than taking long shots and hoping they work out

If we take at face value that these hires are “proven” then the major question I guess would then be “better” for what outcomes? National championship? Bowl eligibility? Personnel compliance? Coaching harmony? But I do agree the notoriously paranoid GP would be very much in character to select “trust” more so than challenging and innovative. I also wonder if the real innovators and up-and-comer’s would find the TCU program to be an attractive option in the first place.

Jet Set Frog

Just asking.

giphy.gif