• The KillerFrogs

RB Coach - Scoop

Paint It Purple

Decent but not great hire. Was let go along with the entire CSU staff with the coaching change after coaching there five seasons and is a good recruiter. Was at Louisiana Monroe before CSU and also coached at Montana State, Wyoming and Northern Colorado where he played.
And, you make this observation based on what? You have coached with this guy? Been coached by him? Spoken to his boss? Wet your finger and thrust it into the air?

Bruce Berry

You played football at Central Connecticut in the late 70's and somehow feel like you are on solid ground questioning GP hiring decisions? Seriously?

You are inferring incorrectly big boy-I didn't say that. Seriously.

I like Meach and Gary too but don't think these are the kinds of changes warranted in the light of the offense's performance the last two years. I would have replaced Cumbie, he didn't so life goes on. I hope he's right and I'm wrong. And guess what, we all get to question decisions Gary makes. It's part of being "all in" as he says.

Now go sit down.

Last edited:

Paint It Purple

The splash hire that everyone wants is some SEC up-and-comer or a similar NFL type. I wonder if that’s just evidence of buying into the SEC brand-name hype.

flyfishingfrog

You are inferring incorrectly big boy. Seriously.

I like Meach and Gary too but don't think these are the kinds of changes warranted in the light of the offense's performance the last two years. I would have replaced Cumbie, he didn't so life goes on. I hope he's right and I'm wrong. And guess what, we all get to question decisions Gary makes. It's part of being "all in" as he says.

Now go sit down.
How am I inferring incorrectly - you said you played college ball with the former CSU Head Coach's replacement - that would be Addazio and he played college ball at Central Connecticut in the late 70's. I am sure they were running some cutting edge offensive schemes with top tier talent in New Britain in 1978.

Or was that just on off the cuff, full of crap statement?

Question all you want - just think it makes people look kind of stupid to act like they thought of or know something GP hasn't considered already about who he should hire or fire - after all he is only the winningest coach in TCU history - what would he actually know about building a team around him that he can be successful with...

But hey - everyone has an opinion.

Bruce Berry

How am I inferring incorrectly - you said you played college ball with the former CSU Head Coach's replacement - that would be Addazio and he played college ball at Central Connecticut in the late 70's. I am sure they were running some cutting edge offensive schemes with top tier talent in New Britain in 1978.

Or was that just on off the cuff, full of crap statement?

Question all you want - just think it makes people look kind of stupid to act like they thought of or know something GP hasn't considered already about who he should hire or fire - after all he is only the winningest coach in TCU history - what would he actually know about building a team around him that he can be successful with...

But hey - everyone has an opinion.

I'll go slow- Moose said CSU hired a new coach. I said I know-I know him.
That's a separate issue from my thoughts on the hires. Got it?

I like GP and think he is a great coach. Wouldn't want anyone else to be head coach right now. That doesn't mean I agree with everything he does or that he couldn't make a mistake. I bet he would say he's made lots of mistakes like me and everyone else.

You can like GP and support the program and still be critical of specific actions. Its part of the deal. He gets that.

PS You don't actually flyfish do you?

CountryFrog

No one on here really knows if this was a good hire or not, honestly. Even if you have followed every step of this guy's career then you still have no idea how he fits on THIS staff in THIS job.

Having said that, terrible hire. He sucks. We should've either hired an NFL coach or a 22 year old grad student from Princeton.

flyfishingfrog

I'll go slow- Moose said CSU hired a new coach. I said I know-I know him.
That's a separate issue from my thoughts on the hires. Got it?

I like GP and think he is a great coach. Wouldn't want anyone else to be head coach right now. That doesn't mean I agree with everything he does or that he couldn't make a mistake. I bet he would say he's made lots of mistakes like me and everyone else.

You can like GP and support the program and still be critical of specific actions. Its part of the deal. He gets that.

PS You don't actually flyfish do you?
Whatever - you said you played with his replacement in college

guessing that wasn’t true since you are back tracking now

as you said - everyone has the right to question and be critical - that doesn’t always mean it’s the smart reaction when faced with overwhelming expertise though

I fly fishing between my daily lessons of learning how the world operates from the members of this board

PO Frog

No where specifically. It’s just my interpretation of those that poo-poo a CSU coach since he’s not from some so-called blue blood program. Guy could be a diamond in the rough, or a bust. Time will tell.
Good point. He’s only been coaching for 21 years so it’s very possible he just hasn’t had the right opportunity.

Paint It Purple

Good point. He’s only been coaching for 21 years so it’s very possible he just hasn’t had the right opportunity.
Good point about the 21 years experience. That’s about the level of experience it takes to become an expert at any craft. I know so many 5-10 year grads in various fields that think they know it all. In reality they don’t know nearly as much as the will if they are humble enough to figure it out.

CryptoMiner

Good point about the 21 years experience. That’s about the level of experience it takes to become an expert at any craft. I know so many 5-10 year grads in various fields that think they know it all. In reality they don’t know nearly as much as the will if they are humble enough to figure it out.

Well I have been at my profession for 35 years and still not an expert however I reached expert status in MS solitaire in 18 months.