• The KillerFrogs

Question on UT's Patterson

jack the frog

Please remember the full story.
By the late ‘80s Houston was caught red handed with 250+ recruiting violations, which landed them on 3 years probation & nearly got them a death penalty. Cheating is the reason they were able to successfully compete for over a decade.

Holgorsen‘s emotional stability is beginning to look an awful lot like GP in ‘20 & ‘21.
I wouldn’t want that guy anywhere close to TCU. He is a disaster in waiting.

Quite a few Coogfan threads questioning Holgerson’s mental well being and concern over the drinking. They are disappointed in the season but overall I’ve seen more delusional fan boards. Raiderpower247 comes to mind.

Virginia Frog

Probably.
I bet a decent amount on most TCU games, and my nephew is a section stat manger with Elias Sports, so I read through a lot of their research and opinions on most B12 teams.
They rate TCU as one of the 10 fastest teams in the FBS, even faster than some NFL teams. KU is middle of pack.
It's nice to have some "insider" info/data if one is going to place real money down on a game.

I don't bet on my "home" teams as a matter of policy...rosie tinted glasses.

LVH

Quite a few Coogfan threads questioning Holgerson’s mental well being and concern over the drinking. They are disappointed in the season but overall I’ve seen more delusional fan boards. Raiderpower247 comes to mind.
It was a bad hire to begin with... he was on the downswing from WVU, probably a season away from being fired, you never hire a coach on a downswing... Jimbo Fischer at A&M same story.

Toad Jones

I suspect GP's position and pay has changed quite a bit. They still hv to give him a title of some kind b/c the rules say only X coach's on the field and in the press box during a game. He's bumped some guy off the field. Wonder, have any of you seen him confer with Sark during the game? .........(don't think you'll see that from Patterson..that's a no-no on GP's ego.)

For what's it worth. Texas will beat O daRLIN u sAT AND qUIET SoME oF sARK'S criticism FROM FAnS. tHEY CAN bE a pAIN dOWN THE sTRETCH!

Toad Jones

It was a bad hire to begin with... he was on the downswing from WVU, probably a season away from being fired, you never hire a coach on a downswing... Jimbo Fischer at A&M same story.
.. HE HAD A PRETTY GOOD YEAR LAST YR. HE'S A CREATIVE FELLA. NOT DEAD YET.

LVH

.. HE HAD A PRETTY GOOD YEAR LAST YR. HE'S A CREATIVE FELLA. NOT DEAD YET.
I think that had more to do with the fact they played a bottom 5 schedule nationally in terms of SOS. Got blown out by the only 2 teams with winning records they played in the regular season and got a 6-6 Auburn team sitting a ton of players in their bowl game

Why?

IMO has guy has been a HIGHLY overrated coach his entire career. I know it would just be as an analyst, but still, not sure what the point of bringing him in for that role would be.

It's almost as if his stature is elevated around here because one time he gave our QB a cool low five.
Maybe he owns a local bar.

Relic

Holgo looks drunk even when he hasn't been drinking.
Same guy?
dana-holgorsen.jpg

Jimmy-Buffet-GettyImages-991867772-1000x600.jpg

westoverhillbilly

The saying from the 70s I remember was there’s No High like a Cougar High- referring to its commuter school status. Yoeman had a huge jump on the recruitment and acceptance and understanding of African American athletes. They entered the SWC in 1976 and beat Texas 30-0 that year in Austin and kept Tech from having their first outright conference championship in the SWC. Since UH beat Tech as they were co-champions, UH went to the Cotton Bowl- the coveted spot for the SWC champion. UH folowed Cotton Bowl appearances in ‘78 and ‘79.

Pharm Frog

The saying from the 70s I remember was there’s No High like a Cougar High- referring to its commuter school status. Yoeman had a huge jump on the recruitment and acceptance and understanding of African American athletes. They entered the SWC in 1976 and beat Texas 30-0 that year in Austin and kept Tech from having their first outright conference championship in the SWC. Since UH beat Tech as they were co-champions, UH went to the Cotton Bowl- the coveted spot for the SWC champion. UH folowed Cotton Bowl appearances in ‘78 and ‘79.
And I was there for all of those games AND have the commemorative Dr Pepper glass 2 liter bottles with the game schedules and scores on them.

Meanwhile, I’m not surprised but am disappointed in how many posters have wished GP well in his current and potential future coaching opportunities. I can count on one hand the number of college coaches I feel that about. All the others I wish for comprehensive failure…even those who I don’t even know their name.