• The KillerFrogs

Question on UT's Patterson

Toad Jones

The way I understood it, Gary was to help with the defense as an associate to the DC and the head coach. (pay $150,000.) I've always heard that title enables youn a seat in the teams press box. Also heard no help with recruiting etc. But yet on the side line w/ Texas their is Gary pracing up and down the side line with a clip board. Doing you know, the old coach walk and so forth.

If the towel girl was with him, what in the world...

A tough position for their true defensive co. What happened to my job, he asks. Do I even hv a JOB??

Virginia Frog

I suspect he is more than just a "consultant" at this point in terms of his value to them. I must say, I was a bit surprised to see him running up and down the sidelines as if he were in charge. Maybe old habits die hard, but the optics on this makes one wonder.
Poor ole Gary, he just can't seem to let the water run off his back. He needs to be "seen." TCU's rejection wasn't what ANYBODY wanted - I know it was hard to take, but making a fool of oneself deserves pity.

Frogs1983

I suspect he is more than just a "consultant" at this point in terms of his value to them. I must say, I was a bit surprised to see him running up and down the sidelines as if he were in charge. Maybe old habits die hard, but the optics on this makes one wonder.
Did anyone else see Patterson's tweet after OU victory, saying something about "his D"s " performance?

Toad Jones

I think you’re way off.
Right now, Texas is darn glad they have him. His stock may not be high in Ft.W., but it is increasing in Austin every week.
Yep..if Sark continues to stumble, they have a good interm'e ready to step in tomorrow. I cannot tell you how much Gary would jump at that!!!

westoverhillbilly

It appears that these so-called analysts are really additional assistant coaches on staff. Not sure if UT really knows how to gel all of them productively like Saban does though.

mc1502

Who knows with GP. He did after all show up at TCU to help with the game plan after he was fired.

Eight

I think you’re way off.
Right now, Texas is darn glad they have him. His stock may not be high in Ft.W., but it is increasing in Austin every week.

the analyst job is the perfect one for gary because when things go well the media showers praise on him like the bama game and wvu last week though most of that was dropped passes by the neer's receivers and when things go bad like in lubbock the fanbase turns on sark and pete

Last edited:

82 Frog Fever

the analyst job is the picture one for gary because when things go well the media showers praise on him like the bama game and wvu last week though most of that was dropped passes by the neer's receivers and when things go bad like in lubbock the fanbase turns on sark and pete
Right now, GP lives in a rubber room, he can’t get hurt.
They‘ll be ready to make him DC when UT (aka: Gary’s Defense) nearly shuts out an offense-less OU without Gabriel.

BleedNPurple

My UT friends have coveted the chance to have CGP has their head coach. They all seemed to think UT would money whip to get him. Nothing has changed - they’d take him as head coach in a heart beat. I still think he has a Natl Championship in him somewhere else.

froginaustin

gary under the expectations and spotlight in austin would be quite the spectacle=

UTx ain't hiring a fired coach from anywhere except after a Saban School retread. And the coach they hired last time may close that door just like Fran closed the door at Alabama for winning TCU coaches.

;)

82 Frog Fever

My UT friends have coveted the chance to have CGP has their head coach. They all seemed to think UT would money whip to get him. Nothing has changed - they’d take him as head coach in a heart beat. I still think he has a Natl Championship in him somewhere else.
Wow, I’m not there.
I agree with Eight on that. If GP is elevated at UT things are going south in a hurry.
GP as a HC or even DC is a disaster waiting to happen.