• The KillerFrogs

Question for Zebra Frog

frog-hat

Help me understand the new Helmet Rule. It looks to me like about a 1/3 of what i would call good tackles are eligible to be penalized, and so it becomes just at the discretion of the refs what they call and what they don't call. How is this going to work??

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Help me understand the new Helmet Rule. It looks to me like about a 1/3 of what i would call good tackles are eligible to be penalized, and so it becomes just at the discretion of the refs what they call and what they don't call. How is this going to work??
What rule are you talking about, btw?

SnoSki

A buddy said this to me yesterday and I think i agree. Early in the season the slot WRs and small RBs are gonna make a killing. LBs will hesitate on the tackle not wanting to get flagged for lowering their helmet to bend over and tackle a smaller player.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I know this is NFL, but if this is where football is going, ratings are going to plummet.

https://www.barstoolsports.com/newy...n-the-nfl?_branch_match_id=377259300237601034

Reading that makes me feel like the room is bugged...

Ratings have been plummeting, and ridiculous rules like those lamented in the piece are why. When your defense makes a great play on 3rd down, and suddenly a flag pops out giving the other team a magical first down? Yeah. I got sick of that. Over and over again. The difference is, unlike the author, I turned it off. Hell, all the flag stuff was just gravy. The real culprit was the debasement of the game by the execrable Roger Goodell. It simply isn't watchable anymore.