• The KillerFrogs

Question about Zach Evans not playing

HornyWartyToad

Looking at the Old Miss box score there was no mention of Evans. Did a quick Google Search and didn't see anything about an injury.
I know I saw him in at some point during the game. Actually made a really nice block on a pass play, picked up a blitzing LB and chopped his legs. Jumped up and *kinda* looked like he was making himself available for an outlet pass, but not really convincing.

HornyWartyToad

I don't want to diss the kid- Like another poster said, he's gotten some sketchy advice, and I think he didn't have the most stable foundation coming up. I recall Kelsey and Gary giving him lots of love after he announced he was portaling, that seemed to me significant and not just sour grapes.

Double V

As he should. Good for him. He is very talented but, IMO, extremely unproven that he can be any sort of workhorse at the next level. Best of luck to the young man.

I don't want to diss the kid- Like another poster said, he's gotten some sketchy advice, and I think he didn't have the most stable foundation coming up. I recall Kelsey and Gary giving him lots of love after he announced he was portaling, that seemed to me significant and not just sour grapes.
You hear whispers that Patterson let Evans get way with things. That was not good for the whole team. Evans leaves, Patterson leaves, new sheriff in town, team discipline and attitude improves.