• The KillerFrogs

Quality of a Few B12 Expansion Candidates

asleep003

Going back to the end of 2013 football season, end of the 2nd year following the last Great Poach..... there were a few B12 G5 candidates who fared very well as G5 TV viewership over P5 schools. What could they become as a member in a P5 league. Here's a few G5's that out performed some P5 team's viewership.

Navy : Cal - P12 / Virginia - ACC / Rutgers - B10 / Kansas - B12

BYU : Wash St. - P12 / Kansas St. - B12 / Maryland - B10

Air Force : Utah - P12 / Iowa St. - B12 / Wake Forest - ACC

If these G5 schools were able to out perform P5 school's viewership... should make good B12 prospects.

Last edited:

asleep003

Cincinnati's program has been good ... but their viewership was below Kansas'(a year following Kelly's really good season there). Kansas was last in the B12 and Cincinnati's viewership was below all the above teams. Ohio just loves their tOSU.

Last edited:

asleep003

i agree and I believe UCF is a no brainer.

Florida school in a large metro and they have an established football brand.

For the 12th spot, I would be open to Boise State, Houston and Memphis.
UCF had really good viewership... in the top 1/2 of the 88 listed. Cincinati and Houston near the bottom, while Memphis didn't make the list... tho sure they would these days.

Putt4Purple

IF the remaining 8 schools stay together (doubtful) then add 4 with large TV markets.
USF(Tampa Bay), UCF (Orlando), Colorado St. (Denver), BYU (Salt Lake City). Although I dislike the geographic spread of this arrangement it is all about TV eyeballs now. That's what the younger kids want. TO BE SEEN!
I admit this is a long shot at best. Go Frogs!

P.S. any talk of other schools (SMU, UH, Memphis or Cincinnati) are wishing for a slow death

Last edited: