• The KillerFrogs

QJ not invited to the NFL draft

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I was surprised to hear Cowherd pumping up Max as steal for someone. Usually scoffs at anything TCU. One of his scouting insiders must have said something, since he has never had an original thought.

JugbandFrog

I have seen him dropping on several draft board discussions. I don’t know what folks saw recently, but let him drop to a team with a real qb. It’d be fun to see him in KC. I have been hearing a lot of the pundits predicting LA Chargers

Eight

NFL / ESPN did not have the money to send players to the draft this year beause of their decision to use drag quenns and trans female athletes as presenters.....

actually no .......interesting curry is invited, but i bet they send a car to pick him up

LVH

NFL / ESPN did not have the money to send players to the draft this year beause of their decision to use drag quenns and trans female athletes as presenters.....
I just got laid off from my job... my last day is next Friday, but its also "Diversity Appreciation Month" in my company and it's been multiple emails a day about all this Diversity Equity Inclusion crap. Wonder if any DEI employees got let go.

y2kFrog

I have seen him dropping on several draft board discussions. I don’t know what folks saw recently, but let him drop to a team with a real qb. It’d be fun to see him in KC. I have been hearing a lot of the pundits predicting LA Chargers

All the “experts” I’ve read are worried about his drop rate. Same thing happened with Chase but he ended up not dropping at all in reality.

Eight

thing to remember about all the draft experts is they are basically the same as recruiting experts, they don't have anything at stake, need to generate content, and are trying to fill time until the draft so they go over this stuff again and again and again

doesn't mean q doesn't have issue because there are things he does need to improve upon, heck just as when he made the jump from temple to tcu, there isn't a defense that he faced last year that plays with the complexity of an nfl safety and he faced a handful of corners who will play in the nfl which means as others have said, much of this is conjecture

would the exposure be nice for the q and the program if he were there and got taken in the first round, definitely, but he won't be there and might not so go take this and use it to build that chip to bust your arse and prove them wrong

Wexahu

Idk how anyone can see his tape and not think he will be an all-pro. And has always come off as an extremely high-character guy. I just don’t get it.
I think he’s gonna struggle, at least initially. My eyes see a great athlete but not a great WR. Average hands at best, struggles to make contested catches. Great run after catch ability in the open field but like so many other guys getting open against physical coverage is going to be an issue with him.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I just got laid off from my job... my last day is next Friday, but its also "Diversity Appreciation Month" in my company and it's been multiple emails a day about all this Diversity Equity Inclusion crap. Wonder if any DEI employees got let go.
Screw 'em. For a company to discard merit and experience for "diversity" is just plain stupid. Your outfit is only as good as the people in it. To hire anything but the best is to fail your obligations.

Man, I am sry to hear - keep ur head up and stay focused. Focus helps shape reality. Life throws us challenges. Either wither a way in bed or get up and make the day. As much grief I give you for some of ur posts, you seem like a decent chap and I know you will make it out of this for the better.

PineyWoodsFrog

Idk how anyone can see his tape and not think he will be an all-pro. And has always come off as an extremely high-character guy. I just don’t get it.
All-
All-pro or pro bowl? You have to be 1 of the 6 best receivers in the league to make an all-pro team.

Eight

multiple college passing games employee the idea of throwing to open space and the routes run are basically run to that open space

much of the nfl passing games are based upon throwing to a certain spot and while part of that involves the quarterback throwing the receiver open it also requires the receiver to beat the defender to that spot and that often means physically beating the defender for position

you don't find many all pro receivers who don't excel in those areas and while it is possible that q can develop and get better in this area, it isn't an area he excelled in college

SwissArmyFrog

Understand some of the criticisms of Quentin. OTOH, he has made any number of pretty incredible catches that I was certain would be incomplete. Draft will just depend on which teams feel he can overcome them.

I recall in particular the CCG vs. K-State that our receivers, including QJ, weren't getting much separation. How much of that is on the receiver vs. coaching, I have no idea.