• The KillerFrogs

QB depth chart

gdu

QUOTE(Portland Frog @ Aug 7 2010, 09:04 AM) [snapback]608780[/snapback]
Which QB will separate himself for #2 or will Gallegos and Pachall be interchangeable?

Adam Dalton

SnoSki

QUOTE(FeistyFrog @ Aug 7 2010, 09:17 AM) [snapback]608789[/snapback]
Matt Brown....

On a related subject, Ethan Grant is a frickin' stud!

Why do you say that? Did you go to practice yesterday?

gdu

QUOTE(FeistyFrog @ Aug 7 2010, 09:17 AM) [snapback]608789[/snapback]
Matt Brown....

On a related subject, Ethan Grant is a frickin' stud!

That's what I thought would happen, but I wasn't sure if the staff wanted to RS him to get 4 full years out of him.

joefrog91

My opinion has not changed since last year. I believe Yogi will shine in limited playing time. However, Pachall and Brown will eventually pass him next year.

I think Brown is going to be a good one for the Frogs, but I'm hearing that Pachall is looking much better this fall. I'm guessing that Brown redshirts unless Pachall and Gallegos prove to be unsuitable backups at this time, or get hurt.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
I am just playing about Brown, he's one of the new guys and everyone knows the new guy is the best....

Pachall is ready and have always said, he can make a lot more of the throws the others can't and he's added some bulk to his frame. When Dalton is gone we will be in good hands.

ricksterh

I may be the only one who thinks this way but if GP has confidence in our #2 qb I would like to see him gt some snaps early in the game. Maybe put him in about the third series of the game which does two things. First it lets the coaches talk to AD and show him what is happening on the field and any adjustments that might need to be made and it lets the back up get some quality pt if he is needed in a tough game situation.

57Frog

I may be the only one who thinks this way but if GP has confidence in our #2 qb I would like to see him gt some snaps early in the game. Maybe put him in about the third series of the game which does two things. First it lets the coaches talk to AD and show him what is happening on the field and any adjustments that might need to be made and it lets the back up get some quality pt if he is needed in a tough game situation.

I couldn't agree more .
In my mind I keep going back to Gunn and Ballard .
UT probably lost a MNC game last season because their backup didn't get enough quality snaps in the regular season .
Everyone has an opinion ,that's mine .
Go Frogs

Dogfrog

QUOTE(57Frog @ Aug 7 2010, 10:29 AM) [snapback]608816[/snapback]
I couldn't agree more .
In my mind I keep going back to Gunn and Ballard .
UT probably lost a MNC game last season because their backup didn't get enough quality snaps in the regular season .
Everyone has an opinion ,that's mine .
Go Frogs

Did Ballard get any playing time in the SMU loss? I thought they stayed with Gunn the whole game even though he couldn't move. I was thinking BYU was Ballard's first snaps when he replaced Gunn but I could be wrong.

Opintel

Moderators
QUOTE(ricksterh @ Aug 7 2010, 10:19 AM) [snapback]608815[/snapback]

I read (somewhere on here) that CGP said he was going to play the backups a little more. Or, was it a dream? :blink:

57Frog

Did Ballard get any playing time in the SMU loss? I thought they stayed with Gunn the whole game even though he couldn't move. I was thinking BYU was Ballard's first snaps when he replaced Gunn but I could be wrong.

You are correct . My point exactly .
Had Ballard gotten those snaps before we may have been in a BCS game in 2005 .
Woulda ,coulda , shoulda , right ?
Go Frogs

gdu

QUOTE(Opintel @ Aug 7 2010, 10:33 AM) [snapback]608819[/snapback]
I read (somewhere on here) that CGP said he was going to play the backups a little more. Or, was it a dream? :blink:

Most coaches say things like that. It never happens as much as they make you think it will. There are not that many offensive possessions in a football game. Not scoring on 1 or giving up a turnover just to grow up a QB can really be costly. I can't think of alot of teams that really developed a #2 QB when there wasn't a controversy.

Borat Sagdiyev

QUOTE(57Frog @ Aug 7 2010, 03:55 PM) [snapback]608827[/snapback]
You are correct . My point exactly .
Had Ballard gotten those snaps before we may have been in a BCS game in 2005 .
Woulda ,coulda , shoulda , right ?
Go Frogs

Actually that is wrong. I know Ballard got at least some snaps against OU in the first game.

Also, I've been told that Brown is the #2 QB as far as talent. Not saying that he will be #2 this year, but he has really impressed people this summer.

Dogfrog

QUOTE(Borat Sagdiyev @ Aug 7 2010, 11:12 AM) [snapback]608834[/snapback]
Actually that is wrong. I know Ballard got at least some snaps against OU in the first game.
Also, I've been told that Brown is the #2 QB as far as talent. Not saying that he will be #2 this year, but he has really impressed people this summer.

Suppose it could be wrong, but this box score doesn't include Ballard as a participant in the OU game.

http://www.buttwheat.com/ou/ou/tcu2005.txt

East Coast

Tier 1
QUOTE(Dogfrog @ Aug 7 2010, 04:24 PM) [snapback]608838[/snapback]
Suppose it could be wrong, but this box score doesn't include Ballard as a participant in the OU game.

I don't remember hime playing against OU either. He did play in the Bowl game against Boise in 2003. I think he led a TD drive, but then managed to get himself into the doghouse in 2004...

Borat Sagdiyev

QUOTE(Dogfrog @ Aug 7 2010, 04:24 PM) [snapback]608838[/snapback]

No, his name isn't on there but he did get some snaps in the game. I remember, because I played in that game as well. The reason I remember is because I saw Ballard in there and thought "Crap, Tye is hurt again". Tye actually wasn't hurt, GP just but Ballard and the entire 2nd O-line in there together.