• The KillerFrogs

Purdue v Nevada

ThisIsOurTime

Cool to see a kicker hit a game winner from distance especially after Nevada getting hit with a couple of seemingly ticky tack unsportsmanlike penalties. But this loss isn't good for TCU:

1. Purdue will come into the TCU game with a chip on their shoulder trying to redeem the loss.
2. Purdue probably was holding things back in this game for the TCU game.
3. TCU players may not come in as focused as they should.

TooColdU

Cool to see a kicker hit a game winner from distance especially after Nevada getting hit with a couple of seemingly ticky tack unsportsmanlike penalties. But this loss isn't good for TCU:

1. Purdue will come into the TCU game with a chip on their shoulder trying to redeem the loss.

Think Purdue should worry about beating Vandy next week before thinking about us.

Last edited:

ATC Frog

If #3 proves true, then that’s quite disappointing that the team can’t focus on their biggest name OOC game this year and doesn’t bode well for B12 play.

Needless to say, I’m not concerned about #3.

Purp

1) Maybe, they could just as easily be deflated bc they desperately needed to beat Nevada to secure bowl eligibility. That locker room may already be thinking their season is over, especially if they don't beat Vandy.
2) If they were they're dumb and every stop should be pulled out against Vandy next week. They lose that game their season will be over.
3) I don't see this happening. It will be the first chance for our team to hit some comparable level competition in the mouth this year following a cupcake and a bye. Our guys will be extremely motivated.

I want TCU's kickers to be able to hit bombs like Nevada's kicker just did.

Come on Song, this Nevada kid is a G5 freshmen walk-on who just got a scholarship, I have big hopes for your power conference kicking ability.

ThisIsOurTime

Purdue led 24-7 at half and 31-17 with 7 minutes to play. How did it click for Nevada or did they wear down Purdue. Crazy. TCU needs to beat Purdue by 20.

I only watched the last 5 minutes of the game but Nevada was doing two routes with success. One was the slow drag route that Texas Tech has used in the past and the other was just a vertical route where they caught a few. The quarterback looked to have a pretty good arm and was putting it on the money. I was surprised to see the Purdue DL not get more pressure on the quarterback as he didn't seem to be the most mobile and the commentators talked like they had a clear advantage. Nevertheless, I can only remember 1 or 2 plays where they really made an impact.

MTfrog5

I only watched the last 5 minutes of the game but Nevada was doing two routes with success. One was the slow drag route that Texas Tech has used in the past and the other was just a vertical route where they caught a few. The quarterback looked to have a pretty good arm and was putting it on the money. I was surprised to see the Purdue DL not get more pressure on the quarterback as he didn't seem to be the most mobile and the commentators talked like they had a clear advantage. Nevertheless, I can only remember 1 or 2 plays where they really made an impact.
So send Reagor deep every play?

ThisIsOurTime

So send Reagor deep every play?

If we are smart, we will be doing that several times against every team. We need to be giving Reagor some 50/50 balls similar to what we used to do with Doctson.

However, I think we need to find out how good our quarterbacks are at throwing the deep ball before we get too carried away. I think Delton's forte is not the downfield passing game and Duggan probably needs some more seasoning. Still, we have to take advantage of Reagor more than we did last year. It should help free up other receivers and good things happen when Reagor gets the ball.