• The KillerFrogs

Problem hiring quality assitants

StealthFrog

Do you think part of the reason our assistants have been on staff so long with mediocre results is because no quality assistant/coordinator wants to work under Gary? Gary has his yes Men and has stayed loyal because he knows he can’t lure quality guys to come work for him.

Think about it, if you are a defensive coordinator with any skins on the wall, would you come here? You won’t have total control of the defense. It would be a step backwards for your career

Also, what does it tell you when you have assistants on staff for 20 years? No one wants your assistants!

One other thing I noticed last night is Gary is constantly yelling at coaches and staff throughout the game. This is not new, but the frequency is definitely higher. After a TJ Carter blown coverage TJ was sitting on the bench and a water girl was giving him water and talking to him. Gary came over and totally dressed the water girl down and gave her a stare as she walked off. Totally uncalled for.

Wexahu

Do you think part of the reason our assistants have been on staff so long with mediocre results is because no quality assistant/coordinator wants to work under Gary? Gary has his yes Men and has stayed loyal because he knows he can’t lure quality guys to come work for him.

Think about it, if you are a defensive coordinator with any skins on the wall, would you come here? You won’t have total control of the defense. It would be a step backwards for your career

Also, what does it tell you when you have assistants on staff for 20 years? No one wants your assistants!

One other thing I noticed last night is Gary is constantly yelling at coaches and staff throughout the game. This is not new, but the frequency is definitely higher. After a TJ Carter blown coverage TJ was sitting on the bench and a water girl was giving him water and talking to him. Gary came over and totally dressed the water girl down and gave her a stare as she walked off. Totally uncalled for.
I saw that. It was ridiculous. Girl looked at him like [ What the heck? ].

The sideline among the coaches is nonstop chaos, and the players just kind of tune everything out.

Double D

Tier 1
I saw that as well. This is not the first time I've seen an exchange like that on the sidelines.

I remember in the Wacker era, 2 D assistants got into a full on fist fight at the Astrodome during the TCU - UH Game in 1990. UH QB threw a pick and the UH QB tackled Tony Rand on the TCU sideline. TCU D coordinator got into UH QB's face. Another TCU D assistant took issue, next thing I knew I was dodging fists on the sidelines trying to break it up. I will never forget that and the dysfunction at times on Wacker's staff.

I saw that. It was ridiculous. Girl looked at him like [ What the heck? ].

The sideline among the coaches is nonstop chaos, and the players just kind of tune everything out.