• The KillerFrogs

Price Increases Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

NativeFrog

The price of a parking space at Horned Frog football games obviously is going to go up -- especially the prices for the best lots and spaces, and there will be less people able to get reserved parking. Did you see this in the article about tailgating in the latest TCU Magazine?:

-- The drill site for the university's planned gas well is in Lot 3, where there are nearly 500 spaces, more than half of which are $1,000 donor sports. "(Gas drillng) is a huge opportunity for TCU, says (John) Denton (Frog Club Director), "but a lot of longtime fans with longtime spaces are going to be displaced. Where do they go? No one knows for sure yet. Believe me, we're working on it -- every day."

-- The prospect of enhancing Amon Carter Stadium is exciting, but expansion could potentially displace scores of donors from Lot 1. Where would they go? Athletics is still studying potential solutions.

-- Faced with runaway demand for parking, the Frog Club may face the prospect of raising prices again. "By how much? And for whom? Just new donors or everyone?" Denton wonders. "The answers to those questions are still being explored."

T

TCU2314

QUOTE(NativeFrog @ Jan 18 2008, 04:16 PM) [snapback]104722[/snapback]
The price of a parking space at Horned Frog football games obviously is going to go up -- especially the prices for the best lots and spaces, and there will be less people able to get reserved parking. Did you see this in the article about tailgating in the latest TCU Magazine?:

-- The drill site for the university's planned gas well is in Lot 3, where there are nearly 500 spaces, more than half of which are $1,000 donor sports. "(Gas drillng) is a huge opportunity for TCU, says (John) Denton (Frog Club Director), "but a lot of longtime fans with longtime spaces are going to be displaced. Where do they go? No one knows for sure yet. Believe me, we're working on it -- every day."

-- The prospect of enhancing Amon Carter Stadium is exciting, but expansion could potentially displace scores of donors from Lot 1. Where would they go? Athletics is still studying potential solutions.

-- Faced with runaway demand for parking, the Frog Club may face the prospect of raising prices again. "By how much? And for whom? Just new donors or everyone?" Denton wonders. "The answers to those questions are still being explored."

Which means even less spots to tailgate in. I would be (hacked) if I was one of those displaced donors.

Rational Frog

QUOTE(TCU2314 @ Jan 18 2008, 05:21 PM) [snapback]104725[/snapback]
Which means even less spots to tailgate in. I would be (hacked) if I was one of those displaced donors.

Price of progress.

Frog DJ

Ecto and I just park with"Stormin' Norman" behind the bank at Berry and University. The walk does a body good! Go Frogs!

y2kFrog

QUOTE(Frog DJ @ Jan 18 2008, 02:34 PM) [snapback]104731[/snapback]
Ecto and I just park with"Stormin' Norman" behind the bank at Berry and University. The walk does a body good! Go Frogs!

My 70 year old dad still prefers to park and walk to this day.

FROGDADDY

I've parked on Odessa and walked to every game I've been to since I graduated. Not much harder to get in, way easier to get out.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(y2kFrog @ Jan 18 2008, 04:57 PM) [snapback]104740[/snapback]
My 70 year old dad still prefers to park and walk to this day.

So does my 77-year-old one (actually, so do I). :biggrin:

O

oldscribe

durn. At 71 (72 by fall) I was thinking seriously about getting a season end zone ticket (Miz Scribe has no interest in attending a game) and investing in a parking space. Having a little trouble justifying the cost of parking, but thinking it might be okay, health permitting. Now I have more to think about, I guess.

allclearforfrogs

I live right near the stadium so this isn't really an issue for me, but for those who are wondering (like said above) just park at Smith.

Virginia Frog

QUOTE(HF01 @ Jan 19 2008, 12:24 AM) [snapback]104818[/snapback]
What and where the hell is Smith hall?

Smith Entrepreneurship Hall
East side of campus. Just north of and next to Tandy/Dan Rogers (Business building)

A hundred yards due east behind the library.

10 Key Frog

All the commuter lots back there are free. Behind Moudy, behind the church (although usually taken up by wedding cars), Library, and Smith.

Deep Purple

QUOTE(HF01 @ Jan 18 2008, 11:24 PM) [snapback]104818[/snapback]
What and where the hell is Smith hall?

You haven't been to campus in a while, have you? You wouldn't hardly recognize the place, so much has changed.

TCU = Texas Construction University.

QUOTE(NativeFrog @ Jan 18 2008, 10:16 PM) [snapback]104722[/snapback]

Our expanded story is on our website now. Trust me, Athletics and the Frog Club are all over this. They are looking at finding solutions that will accommodate the vast majority of people who want parking or want to retain good parking. Hang in there.

NewFrogFan

QUOTE(FROGDADDY @ Jan 18 2008, 11:40 PM) [snapback]104761[/snapback]
I've parked on Odessa and walked to every game I've been to since I graduated. Not much harder to get in, way easier to get out.

Compared to what I am used to, any parking spot at TCU is EASY to leave from.

NewFrogFan

QUOTE(The TCU Magazine @ Jan 19 2008, 09:12 AM) [snapback]104823[/snapback]
Our expanded story is on our website now. Trust me, Athletics and the Frog Club are all over this. They are looking at finding solutions that will accommodate the vast majority of people who want parking or want to retain good parking. Hang in there.

ANyone else see Lot 4 at $50.00 per year going the way of the dinosaur????

Status
Not open for further replies.