• The KillerFrogs

PressBox DFW: The coach stayed, and so did TCU's Desmond Bane

Gil LeBreton

PressBox DFW: The coach stayed, and so did TCU's Desmond Bane

By CARLOS MENDEZ
PressBoxDFW.com

TCU guard Desmond Bane came close to turning pro this spring. Had coach Jamie Dixon left for another job, it would have happened.

“For sure. I would have stayed in,” said Bane, who submitted his name for the NBA draft but instead will watch the event this week as only an interested observer, a college player preparing for his senior season at TCU, not a stressed bundle of nerves sweating out every pick.

“I probably wouldn’t have wanted to play for somebody else, unless Coach (Ryan) Miller would have gotten the job. If not, I would have stayed in the draft,” Bane said in an interview with PressboxDFW.com. “I would have probably taken a two-way contract and just tried to grind my way into the league.”

Read more at: https://www.pressboxdfw.com/the-coach-stayed-and-so-did-tcus-desmond-bane/

Limp Lizard

“Just the way he coaches — toughness, physicality — I wouldn’t say I never had that, but he put a lot of that into my game,” Bane said.

Helps to be physical with guns like that, too. He obviously has put in his time in the weight room (and in conditioning, based on all the minutes he played).