• The KillerFrogs

PressBox DFW: TCU defense dismal in 49-24 tail-kicking by Iowa State

Gil LeBreton

PressBox DFW: TCU defense dismal in 49-24 tail-kicking by Iowa State

By CARLOS MENDEZ
PressBoxDFW.com

Analytics can’t make a tackle, play a coverage or take the ball away.

Only live, actual defenses can do that, and right now, nobody needs any computer to see TCU is failing to do so.

Against the two good offenses they have faced this season, SMU and Iowa State, the Horned Frogs have surrendered 11 touchdowns, two field goals, 842 yards, 37 first downs, 13 third-down conversions and 5.9 yards per play.

Those numbers are talking.

Read more at: https://www.pressboxdfw.com/tcu-defense-dismal-in-49-24-tail-kicking-by-iowa-state/

Horny 4 Life

Glad to see Gary taking the blame, as he should. The coaches can't get both sides of the ball to play well at the same time. That needs to change soon.

So Gary says we lost because we didn't do the right things.
I think my 5-year-old grand-niece could have figured that out.
WHY did we not do the right things, Gary? WHY are players consistently out of position, taking plays off, and/or hopelessly ineffective?
WHY does our offense look consistently awkward and bewildered, a second too slow here, a yard too far there?
WHY is there no longer fire and destruction in the attitude of the defense? WHY is the game over as soon as we fall behind?
WHY are we looking more and more like an also-ran in what should be a very competitive conference?
WHY do I still care? Because TCU is my school and I love it, and it hurts.

Mean Purple

Sadly, Iowa State is not really a good offense. Baylor held them to 21, Iowa held them to 17, and freakin’ Northern Iowa held them to 29. I realize they were gifted some points by turnovers yesterday, but we couldn’t stop them. Seven touchdowns, no field goals. So much for bend, don’t break...
This is what worries me. ISU steam rolled us. As you said, that is not a good offense.

Froggish

Was there anything more pathetic then watching Purdy talks the snap, pause, and run in slow motion for 12 yards around our right DE...It was unbelievable to watch over and over in critical possessions..

4th. down

We can all say this and that, and it's probably all true and to the point, but at the end of the day, we were not ready to play. So the real question for me, is not the defense, offense, or special team mistakes, it's why were we not ready to play?

froginmn

Sadly, Iowa State is not really a good offense. Baylor held them to 21, Iowa held them to 17, and freakin’ Northern Iowa held them to 29. I realize they were gifted some points by turnovers yesterday, but we couldn’t stop them. Seven touchdowns, no field goals. So much for bend, don’t break...
And the Northern Iowa game was 3 OTs. They scored 13 in regulation.

Our defense is bad, and I don't understand it. Some want to blame the offense but that isn't it.

You can't blame the O for lack of D, and you can't blame the D for lack of O (TWSS).

4th. down

And the Northern Iowa game was 3 OTs. They scored 13 in regulation.

Our defense is bad, and I don't understand it. Some want to blame the offense but that isn't it.

You can't blame the O for lack of D, and you can't blame the D for lack of O (TWSS).

Froggin, that's what I've been saying, it's the damn defense. People are saying what a good team Iowa St. is, well, we shall see in the near future but they certainly were not prior to our matchup.

There is a for sure a reason why the defense didn't show up but we will never know, it's locked down in the locker room, mum's the word.

I've thought that I knew TCU football after being a Frog for all these years but for 2 years in a row now I've thought in August of ea. year, we would go 9-3 with a chance to add 1 more win in a bowl. I'm not even close. Something has changed and it's not me.