• The KillerFrogs

PressBox DFW: No changes for now, Patterson says

LawFrog504

Thou shall not question thy nobelest leader of thou football team! As long as Heim serves the freshest brisket everything is A okay! 4-8? Sign me up!

LeagueCityFrog

It's not the locker room, it's the coaches room that needs addressing. The kids played hard last weekend against Baylor and the TCU fans were out in full force for an 11am game enjoying perfect weather. Gary will fix this. I wonder if he puts Cumbie at quarterbacks coach only with a pay cut, gets a new offensive coordinator who is the only one who calls the plays, and the coaches that get chopped to make room for the new OC and his staff are the older ones the people on this board also want to get chopped. We better make a bowl game. It basically comes down to winning this weekend.

Big Frog II

I don't expect changes until after the season. It's not Gary's M.O. to do something during the season.

By the way, I heard Ohio State has a dedicated Special Team's Coach this year, and he is doing a great job. If Ohio State thinks it's important enough to have someone in that position, why shouldn't we?

Not only do we need a dedicated ST coach, we need a person dedicated to analytics who can get information to the decision makers in games...
Rule 1: Never, EVER go for two before the 4th quarter. Please pass this along to the quality control coach. Oops, we need one of those, too, in addition to a full-time special teams coach.

Diehard

Tech has a ST coach too. He was our special teams coach under Fran. Mark Tommerdahl. And he's good at it. Football Outsiders has our special teams ranked #96 and Techs at #26. Tech had to replace both kickers this year and has a new head coach...... Just saying.

Big Frog II

Tech has a ST coach too. He was our special teams coach under Fran. Mark Tommerdahl. And he's good at it. Football Outsiders has our special teams ranked #96 and Techs at #26. Tech had to replace both kickers this year and has a new head coach...... Just saying.
You are preaching to the choir. It's what I have been saying for 10 years.

Salfrog

Tier 1
I liked Tommerdahl. His special teams were very well coached units. I think I remember hearing, could be wrong or may have been another former assistant coach during Fran days, there was some friction/bad blood between he & GP.

Volare

It's not the locker room, it's the coaches room that needs addressing. The kids played hard last weekend against Baylor and the TCU fans were out in full force for an 11am game enjoying perfect weather. Gary will fix this. I wonder if he puts Cumbie at quarterbacks coach only with a pay cut, gets a new offensive coordinator who is the only one who calls the plays, and the coaches that get chopped to make room for the new OC and his staff are the older ones the people on this board also want to get chopped. We better make a bowl game. It basically comes down to winning this weekend.

If we make a bowl game, (especially if it is won) none of that stuff you wrote will happen. It will be considered a successful season breaking in a freshman QB.