• The KillerFrogs

PressBox DFW: Born again, Buechele flourishing in new Hilltop home

Gil LeBreton

By JOHN HENRY
PressBoxDFW.com

DALLAS – According to the story of Scripture, Jacob was so covetous of the birthright tradition of the firstborn that as his twin brother Esau made his way into the world, Jacob grabbed onto his heel, trying to drag him back into the womb.

Likewise, sort of, was Shane Buechele’s covenant with Texas, the signed National Letter of Intent that so many believed was the answer to so many prayers of the Burnt Orange.

Buechele, of Arlington’s Lamar High School, was recruited as part of the Class of 2016 by the likes of Oklahoma, Ole Miss, North Carolina, Cal, SMU, TCU and Texas Tech before accepting the offer Texas put in front of him.

His decision to go to Texas came with everything but the white smoke.

Read more at: https://www.pressboxdfw.com/born-again-shane-buechele-flourishing-in-new-hilltop-home/

Eight

By JOHN HENRY
PressBoxDFW.com

DALLAS – According to the story of Scripture, Jacob was so covetous of the birthright tradition of the firstborn that as his twin brother Esau made his way into the world, Jacob grabbed onto his heel, trying to drag him back into the womb.

Likewise, sort of, was Shane Buechele’s covenant with Texas, the signed National Letter of Intent that so many believed was the answer to so many prayers of the Burnt Orange.

Buechele, of Arlington’s Lamar High School, was recruited as part of the Class of 2016 by the likes of Oklahoma, Ole Miss, North Carolina, Cal, SMU, TCU and Texas Tech before accepting the offer Texas put in front of him.

His decision to go to Texas came with everything but the white smoke.

Read more at: https://www.pressboxdfw.com/born-again-shane-buechele-flourishing-in-new-hilltop-home/

wth?

Froggish

I knew they were playing good offense but I didn’t realize they have gone well over 500 yards total offense in all of their 3 games. They are in a rhythm for sure...Played some terrible defenses but so have we...

Purp

I knew they were playing good offense but I didn’t realize they have gone well over 500 yards total offense in all of their 3 games. They are in a rhythm for sure...Played some terrible defenses but so have we...
Are Nevada and Vandy defenses better than University of North Texas, Ark St. and Texas State defenses?

Purdue was in quite a rhythm too before we strolled into town.

"IF", Gary and the team enters this contest with the proper mindset...then there should be no problem. Should this

not be the case and they take SMU too lightly....we could be in for a shock, accompanied by an enduring stigma.

Froggish

Watched the SMU vs NTX Condensed game...SMU is a lot better team then we've seen in a while. Sonny is bouncing back in forth between spread RPO, pistol, and 2 TE diamond sets...Lot of creative stuff. On defense they are gamblers, they like the blitz so I expect we will have to beat them throwing the ball. As you might expect, they are really average in the OL/DL..but they have athletes at the skill positions and defensive back 7. I know Beuchele is putting up numbers but there's a whole lot of chuck it up to the outside and hope for the best.

Zubaz

Are Nevada and Vandy defenses better than University of North Texas, Ark St. and Texas State defenses?

Purdue was in quite a rhythm too before we strolled into town.
Good point, but lets be honest, we didn’t play the guy who shredded Nevada and Vandy. We played his backup making his first start and who made Jordan Wynn look like a poised veteran.

CountryFrog

Good point, but lets be honest, we didn’t play the guy who shredded Nevada and Vandy. We played his backup making his first start and who made Jordan Wynn look like a poised veteran.
And let's be honest, this week we're playing Shane Buechelle, who has proven to not be a very good college QB when playing against good teams.

Purp

Watched the SMU vs NTX Condensed game...SMU is a lot better team then we've seen in a while. Sonny is bouncing back in forth between spread RPO, pistol, and 2 TE diamond sets...Lot of creative stuff. On defense they are gamblers, they like the blitz so I expect we will have to beat them throwing the ball. As you might expect, they are really average in the OL/DL..but they have athletes at the skill positions and defensive back 7. I know Beuchele is putting up numbers but there's a whole lot of chuck it up to the outside and hope for the best.
If they blitz a lot as you say we may see some very large rushing numbers again from DA and Sewo. That rushing performance against Purdue may keep them a little less aggressive on defense b/c getting out of position on one gap with a blitz could result in a rushing TD.

Moose Stuff

There’s is no way their OL is better than ours.
There is no way their DL is better than ours.
There is no way their DBs are better than ours.
There is no way their kicker/punter/ST is better than ours.
There is no way their LBs are better than ours.
There is no way their RBs are better than ours.

SMU winning simply comes down to two positions on offense and how GP’s defensive mind counters Sonny's offensive mind (Sonny needing to out-scheme GP to be exact) If our QB continues to be erratic and our WR continue to drop everything and theirs do the opposite then game on. Frogs by 20 otherwise.

Last edited:

Froggish

If they blitz a lot as you say we may see some very large rushing numbers again from DA and Sewo. That rushing performance against Purdue may keep them a little less aggressive on defense b/c getting out of position on one gap with a blitz could result in a rushing TD.

Their run defense is suspect no doubt but knowing what you know about our Frog passing game, wouldn’t you stick 6 -7 in the box and take your chances? Sure it could and probably will backfire but it you have nothing to lose by forcing Duggan or Delton to beat you..