• The KillerFrogs

PressBox DFW: 'Because he's our coach'

Gil LeBreton

PressBox DFW: 'Because he's our coach'

By GIL LeBRETON
PressBoxDFW.com

When Jamie Dixon returned to his alma mater in 2016, TCU welcomed him with open arms and an enticing six-year contract.

His 13 years as head basketball coach at Pitt had turned sour, by some demanding tastes, and the timing for TCU couldn’t have been better.

Dixon had guided the Panthers to the NCAA tournament 11 times and his teams had appeared in the AP Top 10 in nine of those 13 seasons. TCU had only dreamed of a coach with those credentials.

Read more at: https://www.pressboxdfw.com/because-hes-our-coach/

LeagueCityFrog

I remember back in the day when the Star Telegram articles were good like this article. Geaux Gil!

I hope Gil is ready to write some more good articles this summer and fall because the way our schedule sets up and how motivated Coach P is going to be to send a message....I think TCU football is in for a special season with all that talent returning. Geaux Frogs!

Billy Clyde

Crying damn shame that a quality writer like Gil isn't kept on at S-T, while they keep and promote a peckerwood like Engel, who can't write, has no allegiance to the truth, and is bereft of any sort of character or integrity. Because why? He has a twitter account?

I remember sitting at a TCU dinner years ago with the S-T Editor-In-Chief at the time, and he was struggling trying to figure out how to monetize the rising wave of electronic presence. He clearly never found his way on it, and neither have the clowns now running things. Makes me so sad what's been done to the legacy of great Fort Worth sportswriters.

Keep up the great work, Gil!