• The KillerFrogs

Press-Enterprise: UCR reportedly considering TCU’s David Patrick for men’s head coaching position

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
The Press-Enterprise: UCR reportedly considering TCU’s David Patrick for men’s head coaching position

By JIM ALEXANDER | jalexander@scng.com |
The Press-Enterprise

ANAHEIM—David Patrick, an Australian who is currently lead assistant at TCU and has been credited for a good amount of LSU’s basketball recruiting success in past seasons, has been mentioned as potentially the leading candidate for the UC Riverside men’s basketball coaching job.

The Highlanders, under interim coach Justin Bell, were eliminated from the Big West tournament by UC Davis Thursday afternoon at Honda Center.

Friday, the Inland Sports radio show on KUBE/1350 reported that Patrick had been offered the job by athletic director Tamica Smith Jones. Earlier, two sources speaking on the condition of anonymity had indicated they’d been told Patrick was a strong, if not the leading, candidate for the job.

Read more at https://www.pe.com/2018/03/09/ucr-r...avid-patrick-for-mens-head-coaching-position/

Long Time Lurker

He came to TCU from LSU...he is not helping them recruit while at TCU

And he is one of the best recruiters in the country - I hope he doesn’t leave - he could do better if he waited

It was a joke. I will admit, not knowing his history, that was my initial fleeting thought when I read the passage. Then my finely honed deduction skills kicked in and I assume he had come from LSU. I thought it would be funny respond as I did.

ACroofrog

Have to assume Ryan Miller is promoted to Asst. head Coach I think he is ready for that. Be interesting to see what Dixon does with the other spot go get another big name asst or move everyone up a rung on the ladder and hire a new face just starting off.