• The KillerFrogs

Preseason Coaches Poll (TCU #16)

FrogLifeYo

I’m not sure why anyone would get upset about starting ranked at 16 considering we are breaking in a brand new QB...Guarantee they aren’t to many programs in the country (non traditional powers) that would get that kind respect/benefit of the doubt. We are going to start the year with the ability to move quickly..Drop the Suckeyes on their ass and we will be a top 10 team real quick with OU nervous as hell

Bob

Speaking of beating Stanford 3 times, is there any Pac 12 team that TCU has played, and not beaten in modern history (post-Wacker clackers)? I can't think of any. Remember wins over Oregon, Oregon State, USC, Washington St., Arizona, Stanford, and Utah most of the times.

Last edited:

Jet Set Frog

Shawn can run the ball better and throw the deep out better than Hill ever could.

Only questions are accuracy
and experience.

This could get pretty real pretty quickly this year.

giphy.gif

Bob

Only questions are accuracy and experience.

Funny, but those are not questions as far as Collins is concerned.

Eight

Only questions are accuracy and experience.

Funny, but those are not questions as far as Collins is concerned.

funny, but how are those not questions about collins?

here are the career stats for the collins and robinson and i won't put the names by each since you seem to have such a great handle on who exactly is the more experienced quarterback

1 letter, 6 games played, 23 rushes for 159 yards, 13/27/0 - 3 tds and 184 yards passing

3 games played, 10 rushes for 33 yards, 2/2/0 and 17 yards

Bob

funny, but how are those not questions about collins?

here are the career stats for the collins and robinson and i won't put the names by each since you seem to have such a great handle on who exactly is the more experienced quarterback

1 letter, 6 games played, 23 rushes for 159 yards, 13/27/0 - 3 tds and 184 yards passing

3 games played, 10 rushes for 33 yards, 2/2/0 and 17 yards
Have you tried Xanax?

PhillyFrog

They're not inconsistent with the other.

You can throw that route well but not be consistently accurate with it. Bottom line, Shawn has a more powerful arm than Hill.

dawg

Speaking of beating Stanford 3 times, is there any Pac 12 team that TCU has played, and not beaten in modern history (post-Wacker clackers)? I can't think of any. Remember wins over Oregon, Oregon State, USC, Washington St., Arizona, Stanford, and Utah most of the times.

We have never played Cal, Washington, or Colorado. Most recent games were losses to Arizona St in 1975, Washington St in 1990, UCLA in 1962.

God bless whoever invented Winspedia. I can kill so much time on that website.

Froginbedford

I don't recall TCU playing Washington State after Wacker....1990 was a disappointing loss to WS at home under Wacker....The Frogs had lots of opportunities, but just couldn't score....They won the next 5 games and lost the last 5 games

Froginbedford

We have never played Cal, Washington, or Colorado. Most recent games were losses to Arizona St in 1975, Washington St in 1990, UCLA in 1962.

God bless whoever invented Winspedia. I can kill so much time on that website.

There was also a 35-31 loss to Arizona in 1990,,,Frogs scored two safeties in the game...the game was a week after AU had destroyed Penn State in Pennsy....

dawg

There was also a 35-31 loss to Arizona in 1990,,,Frogs scored two safeties in the game...the game was a week after AU had destroyed Penn State in Pennsy.

Game you’re thinking of was in 1999. If I remember correctly, TCU had a fourth and short late in the fourth quarter, and Fran punted. Arizona went down and scored the winning touchdown. /csb I watched that game in the press box, next to Karl Benson. We both thought Fran should have gone for it. /csb

We defeated them 13-10 in 2003

Last edited:

Bob Sugar

Game you’re thinking of was in 1999. If I remember correctly, TCU had a fourth and short late in the fourth quarter, and Fran punted. Arizona went down and scored the winning touchdown. /csb I watched that game in the press box, next to Karl Benson. We both thought Fran should have gone for it. /csb

Ugh. The Dennis Northcutt show. Brutal.

Froginbedford

Yep, my bad arthritic hands...meant to type "1999" but somehow that "0" muscled its way on screen....And I remember the punt, too....But seems like a pass was dropped which could have given us a first down....Didn't we have the last possession?

Bob

have you tried actually looking something up instead of going by internet gossip
Sorry - didn't mean to upset you and you are right. Anyway, its too hot to get mad. By the way, I tried to look up the Frogs record vs. Pac12 and look where that got me. Believe I'll stick to the Bond Girls thread.