• The KillerFrogs

Prayers for the Andrews, Texas Community

Pharm Frog

The bus was reportedly carrying members of the Andrews High School band, who were on their way to a playoff football game in Sweetwater against Springtown, according to officials with the school district.

Paint It Purple

Looks like the bus coach actually separated from the bus chassis. Report says the two fatalities are not students. Be a miracle if only 2 fatalities.

Pharm Frog

Sgt. Baker with Texas DPS tells NewsWest 9 that 3 people have died. One of those killed was the driver of the truck, while the others were two of three adults on the charter bus.

The identities of those 3 have not been released at this time to ensure proper notification of next of kin.

DPS reports one adult on the bus died on scene. Another adult later died, after they were airlifted from the scene with two students. The students are in critical condition but are stable.

Another adult and 11 students were taken to a local hospital to be treated for non-life-threatening injuries.

Sgt. Baker with Texas DPS tells NewsWest 9 that 3 people have died. One of those killed was the driver of the truck, while the others were two of three adults on the charter bus.

The identities of those 3 have not been released at this time to ensure proper notification of next of kin.

DPS reports one adult on the bus died on scene. Another adult later died, after they were airlifted from the scene with two students. The students are in critical condition but are stable.

Another adult and 11 students were taken to a local hospital to be treated for non-life-threatening injuries.

Damn.

Outback Frog

These long school trips in buses and planes always worry and scare me.
Being a native of West Texas, the trip from Andrews to Sweetwater is actually a routine distance for games out west (playoff or district game). Andrews has a lot of oil money, and like many districts out that way, they have their own charter buses. I was born and raised in Big Spring where the accident occurred, and the band buses from Andrews had just gotten on to I-20 heading east less than a mile or so before it happened. Just tragic!

Toad Jones

Man these people could use a good prayer or two!

AroundWorldFrog

Being a native of West Texas, the trip from Andrews to Sweetwater is actually a routine distance for games out west (playoff or district game). Andrews has a lot of oil money, and like many districts out that way, they have their own charter buses. I was born and raised in Big Spring where the accident occurred, and the band buses from Andrews had just gotten on to I-20 heading east less than a mile or so before it happened. Just tragic!
Yep, nothing to travel all over West Texas for games (Odessa native). Wyoming is even worse, not uncommon to travel 5-6 hours or more for games. Prayers for these people.

Pharm Frog

Mrs Pharm was born and raised in Lamesa…played in the band and on the cheerleading squad. I imagine a lot of posters here have never seen cheerleaders and football players march in the band at halftime but it wasn’t an uncommon occurrence out there.

Almost her entire family still lives there or Klondike. One of her cousins was called out to the accident in Big Spring. She tells stories about their district when she was in high school…traveling to Monahans and Pecos, San Angelo Lakeview, a couple of the Amarillo schools and for a couple of years, Abilene Cooper. Big Spring and Snyder were the closest commutes. Just a terrible thing to happen.