• The KillerFrogs

Postseason Hoops thread & NCAA Tourney Challenge

I was rooting for Texas for the good of the conference. I wanted them to make it to the championship game. I don’t want Texas to win a championship but I do want the Big XII to; to keep the #1 basketball momentum going and never take it for granted. So if they made it to the championship game I’m not sure what side of the line I would’ve fallen on. Big XII bragging rights of having won three in a row would’ve been sweet, but Texas no.

Creeperfrog

I was rooting for Texas for the good of the conference. I wanted them to make it to the championship game. I don’t want Texas to win a championship but I do want the Big XII to; to keep the #1 basketball momentum going and never take it for granted. So if they made it to the championship game I’m not sure what side of the line I would’ve fallen on. Big XII bragging rights of having won three in a row would’ve been sweet, but Texas no.
Just, boo

y2kFrog

I doesn't even feel to me that UT is in the Big 12 anymore. Kansas State I would have been behind 100%.

As far as brackets go...definitely should have given more thought to UConn. How quickly I forgot how good they were through January. I had Florida Atlantic beating Purdue in the second round...I thought long and hard about the Tennessee game. Should have pulled the trigger as I wasn't sold on Tennessee at all. Just hadn't watched enough of FAU to know how good they actually were.

Creeperfrog

I doesn't even feel to me that UT is in the Big 12 anymore. Kansas State I would have been behind 100%.

As far as brackets go...definitely should have given more thought to UConn. How quickly I forgot how good they were through January. I had Florida Atlantic beating Purdue in the second round...I thought long and hard about the Tennessee game. Should have pulled the trigger as I wasn't sold on Tennessee at all. Just hadn't watched enough of FAU to know how good they actually were.
Like for Kansas State

Eight

I loved it. Texas gets 80% of the shady calls to go their way. When there's no conference affiliation in play no one gives a [ Finebaum ] about their mediocre history and big bags of money.

maybe so, but my issues with that call and the block call on allen just prior are both players did as you are taught and get called for fouls so exactly how are they supposed to make those plays?

they were both different from the call at the end of sd state game as that is a foul and the question was whether or not something that had not been called earlier gets called at a deciding moment.

those two calls didn't cost texas the game, better guard play from miami and missing diasu were deciding factors

Yikes, Miami had 17 more points from free throws than Texas had. 28 of 32 for Miami, that is a lot, compared to only 11 of 15 for Texas. Texas committing 23 fouls to Miami‘s 14.

Miami only shot 8 three pointers, only making 2, but still scored 88 points on 29 of 49 shooting, 59%. But Texas had 11 more shots, canning 30 of 60 and hit 10 of 25 three pointers. The extra shots and three pointers more than evened out Miami’s higher shooting percentage, Texas scoring 10 more points from the field.

Those 23 Texas fouls and Miami’s 17 more made free throws doomed Texas, losing by 7, 88-81.

Last edited:

JogginFrog

By the way, congrats to jadailyTCU on winning the bracket challenge. (In the other Killer Frogs group on ESPN, Gayle L and bwanthony are tied on 580, but Gayle will win outright if SDSU gets to the title game.)

Oh, and congrats to @Rex Kramer for winning the second-chance bracket.

NORMLFROG

maybe so, but my issues with that call and the block call on allen just prior are both players did as you are taught and get called for fouls so exactly how are they supposed to make those plays?

they were both different from the call at the end of sd state game as that is a foul and the question was whether or not something that had not been called earlier gets called at a deciding moment.

those two calls didn't cost texas the game, better guard play from miami and missing diasu were deciding factors
That blockout call was definitely weird. I thought the Miami player was going straight up and not over and the Texas player was just blocking out. Maybe it came down to a player safety thing. Some of those replays indicated the Miami player was dang near horizontal at one point.

I thought that Miami looked fresher down the stretch and was maybe just more intense.

NF

Eight

That blockout call was definitely weird. I thought the Miami player was going straight up and not over and the Texas player was just blocking out. Maybe it came down to a player safety thing. Some of those replays indicated the Miami player was dang near horizontal at one point.

I thought that Miami looked fresher down the stretch and was maybe just more intense.

NF

texas losing one big and then the other (believe it was bishop) big being so ineffective that the undersized cunningham had to play significant minutes played a big part in texas being worn down at the end

Double D

Tier 1
It is apparent that if the UTurds don't get all calls, they lose.

I sent this GIF to my UTurd friends...
Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

sandiegojack

I was watching some of the NCAA playoffs the other day. It occurred to me that a lot of the teams are not as good as in the past. I think the reason is that many of the very top talent is now playing in the G league or in Europe. It used to be that several of the top college teams would have two or three first round draft picks. Hakeem and Drexler both played for UH at the same time.