• The KillerFrogs

Postseason Hoops thread & NCAA Tourney Challenge

Putt4Purple

My fun bracket has four - Creighton, KSU, SDSU, and Miami, but my more serious bracket only has Creighton and KSU. My winner is gone in both brackets. I have Miami, Creighton, and KSU in my fun final four. First time ever my bracket where I went more with who I want to win kicked the other one.
The best part is there are NO non traditional blue bloods. I love that! That’s the same as what TCU brought to football this past season!!!!

Down two at 38-36, Kansas State missed an uncontested, one on none, layup at 1:11 left in the first half and then fouled FAU on the rebound. FAU sinks the two free throws. So instead of a 38-38 tie, FAU goes up 40-36. Half finishes 42-38, instead of 40-40. A four-point missed layup.

The missed layup— Desi Sills appeared to be setting up his steps for a fancy dunk, and then either lost the handle or confused himself and decided to use the glass and it rolled off the rim.

Last edited:
K-State’s Keyontae Johnson picks up his 3rd and 4th fouls in the first 6 minutes of the second half and has to sit. Shortly after swishing a three. Johnson returned at about 6:40 after sitting for 7.5 minutes.

N’Guessan picked up his 3rd foul 4 minutes in.

Last edited:
Ouch, down by two at 65-63, K. Johnson misses the front end of a 1 and 1 and then Tomlin fouls an FAU three point shot. FAU makes 2 of 3. 67-63 with four minutes left. K-State then misses 1 of 2 free throws.

FAU then hits a three and Johnson fouls out with 2:44 left and FAU sinks two free throws, 72-64.

Last edited:
FAU hits 5 of 6 free throws in the final 30 seconds to close out the game and win by 3, 79-76. That missed 4-point layup at the end of the first half proves very costly.:(

And, the team leading scorer and rebounder, Keyontae Johnson only playing 18 minutes because of foul trouble. His season average is 17.7 points and 7 rebounds. Tonight, 9 points and 2 rebounds before he fouled out.

Now we can’t watch more of the Nowell show. He was fun—that passing, uff da. I nominate him as the most entertaining player of the tourney.

Last edited:
I would have enjoyed seeing K-State beating Texas in the championship.

That was my most recent adjusted hope for how the Big 12 could win their third straight championship while inflicting some disappointment on the Longhorn nation. And not having to root for Texas to win it to get that 3rd straight.

Now what?

For those of you not remembering or hearing during the season, K-State’s Keyontae Johnson was the player that collapsed on the court four games into the 2020 season when his heart stopped when playing with Florida. Needed the defibrillator.

This was his first year back after getting clearance from two doctors, one with Mayo. I read he was diagnosed with Athlete’s heart, which is some form of enlargement due to years of strenuous exercise.

Tonight, K-State missed his team leading scoring and rebounding due to fouls and only 18 minutes. FAU had 44 rebounds to State‘s 22, 14 offensive, ouch. State balanced that by winning steals 13-4 and turnovers 12-22. FAU made 18-22 from the free throw line and State 12-18.

Last edited:

Eight

Timme actually getting called for real fouls for once. Dude would never finish a game if the refs called his play normally.

officials have been inconsistent in the game, which leads to frustration, but three of his fouls were just obvious

amazing how bad their guard play has been this year

what has been a strength for that program has really dropped off

An-Cap Frog

UConn through the tournament...

chainsaw GIF